WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube
Re: On the Subject of Testing

Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:49 am

Professor.Oak wrote:And I think that having servers that can enable/disable suppression will not come to good things, unless they will become unranked. Ranked servers should just be default bf3, without the sunglare and maybe without bluetint.

No.

Not sure about ttk, no idea why it woupd be shorter. But maybe bumping up the health a bit will make the game feel better at least. Or nerfing the op guns.
There used to be a signature here.

rv112

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:08 pm

The hitreg is better, so every bullet does damage. TTK is fine. Don't start nerfing and ruining the game as BF4.

kiwidog

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 pm

We will need through testing on this. It could be that during a 3 fire burst for example, only 1-2 shots would register on normal frequency, and now they are registering all 3. Or we could have something like what happened in BF4 where collisions were registered more than once. It will need extensive testing to find the exact cause, or it's a placebo effect like people though with jumping. (Even though you jump the same distance, it "feels" faster)
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

faddn

Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Professor.Oak wrote:[
And I think that having servers that can enable/disable suppression will not come to good things, unless they will become unranked. Ranked servers should just be default bf3, without the sunglare and maybe without bluetint.
ttk does need to be changed for sure in higher frequency modes.

if you like suppression, you should play retail. Alot of people that join in, join in because of this bad features turned off. If something should become unranked, it should be servers with such features turned on.

med1

Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Can I change the weapon viewmodel fov like in the spectator mode? Looks a lot better in my opinion.

Professor.Oak

Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Any updates? BF1 is fun and all, but we all love Karkand :D

kiwidog

Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:22 am

Professor.Oak wrote:Any updates? BF1 is fun and all, but we all love Karkand :D

Hard @ work. I've done a lot of work on Rime, and Venice Unleashed. The main part of the refactoring of VU's code base is nearing completion. Currently the new version of VU runs and is going through testing to make sure nothing got left out. Also many bugs were fixed. I don't think you guys will notice a difference in performance, but you will notice a speed in new features being added after this refactor is finished. The source code was largely cleaned up and re-shapened (if that's the word you would use there)
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

juliadan

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 am

Can we assist the matchmaking process on VU servers while we are still in development? Here are three easy options:
i. force kicking of afk players after 1min to 20min, traffic cost is none anyways?
ii. count and display in main menu number of logged in users
iii. notification of server start while vu @ main menu is minimized to tray.
Merry Christmas to everyone

capitansolo

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:40 pm

kiwidog wrote:
Professor.Oak wrote:Any updates? BF1 is fun and all, but we all love Karkand :D

Hard @ work. I've done a lot of work on Rime, and Venice Unleashed. The main part of the refactoring of VU's code base is nearing completion. Currently the new version of VU runs and is going through testing to make sure nothing got left out. Also many bugs were fixed. I don't think you guys will notice a difference in performance, but you will notice a speed in new features being added after this refactor is finished. The source code was largely cleaned up and re-shapened (if that's the word you would use there)

This is what i called a happy xmas :)

MTKtheBoSs

Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:01 pm

Cannot wait to HOST my first LAN at university for BF3, not eta or rough estimate when we can rejoice in the brilliance that is VU LAN? Merry Xmas to all...
Intel 3770K @ 4.2 GHz
8 GB G.Skill RipjawZ @ 2400 MHz
MSI Z77 Big Bang MPower board
MSI GTX1070 Armour OC
V8 CoolerMaster CPU Cooler
V850 CoolerMaster Vanguard PSU
CM Storm Sentinal Advanced II Mouse
CM Storm Trooper Case

Return to “Announcements”