WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!
Status Report - October 24, 2015

Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:11 pm

It has definitely been a while since we posted any updates, so we thought it might be a good idea to share some new info with you!

Over the past few months we've made great progress in Venice Unleashed, with lots of new functionality introduced in the VeniceEXT extension system, fixes to spectator mode, updates to our custom UI renderer, and more. However, in this post we will focus on the progress that has been made on Rime, and will be detailing the changes specific to Venice Unleashed at a later time.

For those of you who don't know what Rime is, it is our custom Frostbite editor, which compliments Venice Unleashed by providing the ability to freely modify and introduce new game content. Make sure to read more about Rime here.

Rime has matured significantly over the past year, and is coming closer and closer to being an amazing tool for modders, developers, and content creators.

Many integral internal components of Rime have been re-architected in order to accommodate for the greatly changing landscape of Frostbite games. With a completely new and pluggable content mounting and management subsystem, Rime can now more easily provide support for newer engine revisions, while also exposing all the required utilities for the community to add support and content editing capabilities for their favorite games!

Additionally, significant progress has been made in the Rime Live Editor, the part of Rime which directly plugs into Venice Unleashed and allows users to perform changes to maps and content in real-time. Even though still at an early stage, the Live Editing capabilities of Rime open new doors to creating unique and exciting experiences for players.

Finally, the game-independent Rime Editor is also slowly becoming a reality, with initial support for terrain rendering and manipulation.

Rime Editor rendering BF3 terrain

Even though our Rime renderer is still far from being performant or complete (the above scene renders at around 15 fps at 1/3 terrain resolution), it is a huge overall step, as we have come much closer to creating completely new content, maps, and experiences.

Also, for those of you who are curious, here is a side-by-side comparison of the in-game rendered terrain and the Rime-rendered terrain.

With all that being said, Rime and Venice Unleashed still have a long way to go, but we are slowly, surely, and steadily moving forward!

As always, from everyone at Emulator Nexus, thank you for your continued support!
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: Status Report - October 24, 2015

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Nice.

I hope that soon I will be able to make an all-water map with just boat to boat battles!
There used to be a signature here.

GonzoTheBest

Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Just "WOW"!
Keep up the great work!

-=V12-POWER=-

Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:08 pm

nice stuff to get my dick wet

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:22 am

Also, here's a screenshot with a custom flat terrain for Alborz (notice the floating trees, lake, and debris.)
The mountains in the back are meshes (probably), not terrain.

[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Tajmoti

Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:13 am

Hey guys, this is great and I am really excited
I don't wanna beg for keys so I just came here to ask you, are you gonna do an another beta testing open for public? If yes, is it gonna be soon? I have been waiting for like half a year (or more) playing vanilla BF and everytime I got killed from behind a corner I was banging my head against a wall and you know, It is not healthy for my skull/brain so... :D
I am trying to be as polite as possible but guys this is too much :D I am checking this page everyday and each time i see nothing new I go and cry in a corner and then start playing vanilla BF and then break my skull again because someone killed me because I did not see him cause of the sun
Thanks, have a nice day
Tajmoti

EDIT>> I am sure you do not like people asking about betas all the time so.. Sorry and please do not ban me because of this

Brady_The

Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Awesome.

Zobtzler

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:03 pm

When this is released... I'll spend so much time in Rime!

XanderPPD

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:34 pm

This is awesome!

powback

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:22 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these mountains in the back are not meshes. They are Outer Terrain.
Around the main terrain there should be 0, 12 or 42 outer terrain heightfields. That creates the terrain without collisions.

I could be wrong about this map, but there's usually outer terrain.

Return to “Announcements”