User avatar
Professor.Oak
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 am

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:42 am

capitansolo wrote:
NoFaTe wrote:A server (or client) running in High Frequency mode will consume approximately four times (x4) more bandwidth (both incoming and outgoing), and will see a slight increase in CPU usage.

How much amount of load go into de CPU? I hope CoreX can support this load of cpu
GPU takes more load as a CPU?

Perphaps EA and DICE, made the game with low frequency because servers cost less and players with not enought computers can play, so EA can sell more games. What do you think?

And this is why they fail every time. They don't make a product that lasts. Just look at CS:GO. It's flourishing with new talent. Mod support and listening to the community(sort-of), is what keeps any game alive. If BF3 was developed primarily for PC with mod support, then that game would probably have the biggest player base compared to other AAA titles. Juts imagine, you buy one $60 game, but with mods, the game can transform into anything! Many would buy the game for just the mods alone.

User avatar
Siilwyn
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:52 am
Contact: Website

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:38 am

Am I dreaming?
I didn't expect this to be done (so quick). Now I'm really excited to start playing VU.

This is fantastic NoFaTe!

P.s. It's nice to see familiar faces here. :D
BattleNonSense, MAGIC, yolarrydabomb...

User avatar
Paulofonta
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 am
Location: Sintra - Portugal

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:20 am

Professor.Oak wrote:And this is why they fail every time. They don't make a product that lasts. Just look at CS:GO. It's flourishing with new talent. Mod support and listening to the community(sort-of), is what keeps any game alive. If BF3 was developed primarily for PC with mod support, then that game would probably have the biggest player base compared to other AAA titles. Juts imagine, you buy one $60 game, but with mods, the game can transform into anything! Many would buy the game for just the mods alone.

They don't want the game to last.
BF and CoD series are made so that you buy it, you get tired of it, and then you buy the next one.
Modding will make the game last longer, and that might reduce the need to buy something new. Allowing users to create maps means not selling DLC maps.
It'$ all about that thing what w€ know...

User avatar
blueman24
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: India

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:37 pm

The sounds while jumping are funny! lel
btw, great work! This is...seriously good.

User avatar
RobbingHood
Posts: 3305
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:52 pm

lybxlpsv wrote:does HFR mode has "I KILL YOU FIRST SO UR DAMAGE DOESN'T COUNT" advantage to non-HFR player?

If you're playing with "HFR" enabled, so are all your enemies, because you can only join servers with the same settings as your client.
That's why the game asks you to restart when trying to join an "incompatible" server.

User avatar
Professor.Oak
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 am

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:20 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
lybxlpsv wrote:does HFR mode has "I KILL YOU FIRST SO UR DAMAGE DOESN'T COUNT" advantage to non-HFR player?

If you're playing with "HFR" enabled, so are all your enemies, because you can only join servers with the same settings as your client.
That's why the game asks you to restart when trying to join an "incompatible" server.

Well then I hope slower tickrate servers will be completely disabled in the future. Of course after NoFaTe figures out how to reduce the bandwidth by about a half.

User avatar
Rodney
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:56 pm
Location: On the Battlefield
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:07 pm

Professor.Oak wrote:
RobbingHood wrote:
lybxlpsv wrote:does HFR mode has "I KILL YOU FIRST SO UR DAMAGE DOESN'T COUNT" advantage to non-HFR player?

If you're playing with "HFR" enabled, so are all your enemies, because you can only join servers with the same settings as your client.
That's why the game asks you to restart when trying to join an "incompatible" server.

Well then I hope slower tickrate servers will be completely disabled in the future. Of course after NoFaTe figures out how to reduce the bandwidth by about a half.

It's kinda not possible to reduce the the bandwidth... You can even increase it by enabling another Feature of VU iirc!
Server Guru. Click Banner to visit my BC2 and modding related blog!
Image

User avatar
TacTicToe
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 pm
Contact: Website

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:19 am

All I can say is I am glad we have unlimited bandwidth on our server. I will def run the HFR mode once we are able to go online. :)

I am so psyched for this...
]Image

Image

User avatar
Dendari
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Sun May 10, 2015 4:33 am

With BUILD 8389 the -highfreq launch parameter doesn't work anymore. There are now two different launch parameters: -high60 and -high120 (respectively for 60Hz and 120Hz).

faddn
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: The Netcode, Spectator, and the Future: Part 1

Mon May 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Can we get an update on this? Like what is running 120 hz? Is this basically the same thing they are testing in BF4 CTE, is it just as good? Seems to be little official information about this.

Return to “Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests