WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
DrInsane
Re: Weapon Change: AN-94 Abakan

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:54 pm

AnastasiyaAngel wrote:The M16, AN and the AEK should be the starting point since they're used by competitive players.

Those wepaons are usd in competitive exactly because they are OP compared to any other fast firing weapon. Fast reload, low recoil etc. All weapons need a strenght and a weakness, not all the best stats with no weakness. For example the Famas is the fastest firing weapon, but has one of the worst recoil patterns and high reload time. The Aek is nearly as fast as the famas but much easier to use and has a 2 seconds! faster reload.
I believe there are plenty of people sick of DICE and their "balance"

AnastasiyaAngel

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:22 am

Like I said, the ones that are working should be taken as a starting point. Doesn't mean the other guns would stay low.
DrInsane wrote:[...]For example the Famas is the fastest firing weapon[...]
Abakan is at 1200 RPM x)

blueman24

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:23 am

With better netcode, nearly every weapon is better now. They can just increase the default health to 110% or something like that to maintain a "battlefield" time to kill because currently, the ttk feels like cod where you don't have any chance to fight back if someone shoots you first.

AnastasiyaAngel

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm

kiwidog wrote:I also play almost exclusively with the AN94, but with Venice Unleashed we are not changing any aspects of the base game. This is something you can create as a mod when the tools release.
Update, they just Live-Patched the AN 1 minute before the ESL-Match. 600 RPM in burst now - One of the best competitive guns got nerfed to death because? No one will ever know. GGWP, rip this game x)

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:46 pm

The tournament configuration does not represent vanilla VU. There are multiple mods active on the servers (i.e. some that remove clutter on Bazaar). Also some weapons/attachments are removed because they are forbidden according to the ESL rules.
There used to be a signature here.

AnastasiyaAngel

Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Np, but how about asking us as players? Maybe you are not able to balance guns? 600 RPM in burst-mode? I recommended a working change that WON'T ruin this gun just a few hours ago. What are the admins doing? Telling me they won't change it, rejecting my idea, changing it right before the match with making it useless. Why didn't you try it like I said - Wouldn't destroy it but could make it more balanced while not taking away the skill you need to hold it's DPS more or less consistant. By the way: "The tournament configuration does not represent vanilla VU" This is not really an excuse for loading cfg's that aren't anywhere near balanced or working properly. And yes, I can see the effort doing this, no question, but this was a bad idea since you f*cked up my game for 100%. Sure, I could play another gun which I did in the end but still, this ignorance is too much for me. So in the end, let me know your thoughts about the changed values and their purpose.

Flyza

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:18 am

Rodney wrote:The tournament configuration does not represent vanilla VU. There are multiple mods active on the servers (i.e. some that remove clutter on Bazaar). Also some weapons/attachments are removed because they are forbidden according to the ESL rules.

And since when is AN94 1200 rpm burst mode forbidden by esl rules?

Off Topic:
Great work on the UI of spectator mode :3, and even though it's maybe not finished and a bit broken, it still looked amazing especially when the health bars and everything started working correctly yesterday in the finals.

AnastasiyaAngel

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:30 pm

@Flyza That's nice, but we were the testobject :D

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”