WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!
Re: Can't activate dedicated server

Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:34 am

Windows Server 2008 R2 should be fine, it's 2008 that's not recommended.
A thing you could try is running it as an administrator.

Regardless though, since you're on a machine with graphics output you should be able to just run vu.exe normally and activate via the default EA activation method.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

X3RX35

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks, I have managed to activate the game via origin although this didn't succeeded at first. The Problem was that even after I installed (the included) directx some directx dlls where missing. I tried to activate it via vu again (after deleting the license) but it didn't fixed the crash there but that is OK since my game is activated via Origin.

X3RX35

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:43 am

I hate to unbury this ancient thread after all this time but I did upgrade my server, switched the virtualization and migrated my VMs, ofc now my old licence won't work. While using KVM and VMware the activation of BF3 through Origin wasn't a problem at all but with Hyper-V it simply won't activate since Origin detects that it is running in a virtual machine.

Return to “Help and Support”