WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
kiwidog
Venice Unleashed Support FAQ (Can't start? Link Account? Can't install?)

Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:52 pm

Hello, I have noticed a pattern of reoccurring issues, so here is a spot to solve most issues with Venice Unleashed that are not caused by a bug in the mods code.

General Information and Troubleshooting:
If you are running Windows 7, ensure that you have the Platform Update 1 installed found here.

If you need to verify ("link") your Origin account to play Venice Unleashed visit: https://sso.emulatornexus.com/link
Note: The Linking Service is currently down. This means you can't link your account and can't create soldiers
Firefox, Chrome are known to have issues!
Internet Explorer, Edge seem to work fine.

Ensure that you have the most up-to-date drivers from your graphics vendor.

Intel Integrated graphics are NOT supported in any way, shape or form. If you have a discrete graphics card, and integrated there are issues that we are currently looking into with no eta. Ensure that the game is set to launch (vu.exe) with the correct graphics device. Personally for laptops as well (I have NVIDIA Optimus) you will have to disable Optimus in the bios before getting stable FPS and running VU. BE WARNED: If you are running Microsoft's BitLocker and make this change you WILL need your recovery key in order to boot. (Yes, I know its a pita).

If you are running on a laptop (for some reason, but hey I'm out of town and that's all I got) ensure that your AC adapter is plugged in and set Windows's power configuration to High Performance.

You can also disable your Intel Integrated card temporarily by opening Device Manager->Graphics Devices->Intel HD xxxx->(Right-Click)->Disable and see if that solves launching issues.

There was an update pushed a few days ago, if you are having issues surrounding APU's, Integrated Graphics, or Optimus download the latest build and try and let us know if it works.

If you are getting issues updating, try restarting the game once more and seeing if the update goes through, if not download the latest package from the Venice Unleashed Downloads section.

Also ensure that your anti-virus solution's are not preventing the update, I do not recommend disabling your anti-virus except for to check, most AV vendors have a way to add a directory + executable to a white-list so it will not interfere. Sophos Anti-Virus is more complicated and annoying to get it set up properly, but if needed I will provide a tutorial (Thanks Milosh for letting me troubleshoot!)

Known AV's to interfere:
Sophos
Avast
ESET
Bitdefender
Panda
Immunet 3 Antivirus

Known Programs to Interfere.:
Any Ping, Latency, Networking modifying tools, scripts, or applications.
MSI's Nahimic audio software
Killer Networking Drivers

Killer Network Drivers Fix:
Killer Networking's tools for their drivers suck really, really, really badly. They cause issues with a multitude of different things. Mainly you connecting to a server, and after a few seconds being kicked back to the main menu. (After you have checked all firewall settings and previous issues) Before starting make sure that you have your driver's on disc just in case something goes wrong and you can still get internet as a backup plan. (Or a USB + another computer to download drivers) First visit Killer Networking's Other Downloads Page and download the Killer INF Package (not the EXE's!!!!) Then go to Add-Or-Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall the Killer Driver software. You will lose internet connectivity due to the drivers also being removed. Open up Device Manager by typing it into the start menu, or right clicking on Computer->Manage->Device Manager. Then right click on your PC Name, and then Add Legacy Hardware, Click next on Show all Devices, then Click on Have Disk. Navigate to the extracted Killer INF package to your Operating System version and your networking device driver version and select that folder. It should install your drivers without the extra bloat of the software and you should be able to connect to Venice Unleashed without a problem

If Venice Unleashed fails to start, ensure that it is set to launch properly with the correct graphics card, or disable integrated graphics all together. Also make sure that you have launched Battlefield 3 (and gotten in-game) at least once so Origin can do it's magic with license files.

This should not be needed with the new installer, but if you manually installed or updated from a previous version ensure that Users have modify priv's over the VeniceUnleashed install folder. Right Click on VeniceUnleashed install directory->Properties->Security. In the "Groups or user names" section ensure that 1. User's exists (if not click add, then type in "Users" without quotes and click check names, then OK
2. If User's exists, click in the "permissions for users" section and ensure that Modify is checked as well and then click Apply or OK.

If you are having troubles connecting check your firewall (Windows, or otherwise) that Venice Unleashed is white-listed.

There have also been issues with people running third party applications in the background. ex. Torrenting, streaming, disable all of these when testing and troubleshooting. Also try enabling UPnP on your router to see if that will make a difference.

I know that a few people that like lower pings for comp play will install network tweaks, patches, or applications. Remove all of these and try VU again. This has been proven to interfere with how VU communicates with servers.

If you are playing a map and it switches to DLC you do not you will get a unlimited "loading" screen, this may happen if you acquired the maps without having them tied to your account (and if this is you, I will not help you in any way, the game with all DLC is cheap enough...)

If you are having activation issues, we cannot assist you here (this most likely means you pirated the game, which we do not support anyway) contact EA Support for help with activation of your game. (And if they don't activate it for you, you are SOL and go "buy" another account/copy of the game)

If you can't create a soldier, that is due to the Linking Service currently being reworked. Once the new version is out, adding soldiers will work again. There's nothing you can do right now besides waiting for the update.

How to post:
In the case that none of these troubleshooting issues resolve your issue, or you would like one of the devs to still look at your issue we need some basic information.

Computer Specs: [N/A]
Have you ran Battlefield 3 successfully via origin: YES/NO
Do you have ANY integrated graphics (AMD APU, Intel Integrated, NV Optimus): YES/NO
Operating System: [Windows 10]
Anti-Virus Solution: [None]
Have you linked your account for verification: YES/NO
Have you tried above troubleshooting steps: YES/NO
Does VU quit without a crash: YES/NO
Crash Record: [N/A]
What were you doing when it crashed: [Description]

I will update this as I solve more issues.
Last edited by kiwidog on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

TacTicToe

Re: Venice Unleashed Support FAQ

Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Thanks Kiwi!

If you could look into a solution for linking our accounts, that would be awesome.

Should we have Outcome running at the same time?
]Image

kiwidog

Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:37 pm

TacTicToe wrote:Thanks Kiwi!

If you could look into a solution for linking our accounts, that would be awesome.

Should we have Outcome running at the same time?

You can link your accounts via https://sso.emulatornexus.com/link.

If there are any other issues let me know. And no Outcome is not a requirement.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

ffx

Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:58 am

Hey guys, I think I know what my issue with constant loading screen on start up is.

I have win7 and I cannot install the platform update 1... my dxdiag says I have dx11. is this perhaps the reason why I cant get to login screen? if so, why would my pc not want to install the update?

kiwidog

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:02 pm

ffx wrote:Hey guys, I think I know what my issue with constant loading screen on start up is.

I have win7 and I cannot install the platform update 1... my dxdiag says I have dx11. is this perhaps the reason why I cant get to login screen? if so, why would my pc not want to install the update?

If you cannot install the Platform Update 1, check to see if you already have it installed if not you will have to troubleshoot that yourself, because that issue could be very complicated. I suggest reading the MSFT support forums to see if others have had similar issues.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

KostyanTroll

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:32 pm

kiwidog wrote:
ffx wrote:Hey guys, I think I know what my issue with constant loading screen on start up is.

If you cannot install the Platform Update 1, check to see if you already have it installed if not you will have to troubleshoot that yourself, because that issue could be very complicated. I suggest reading the MSFT support forums to see if others have had similar issues.

I have the same problem. I really want to be a member of this project, but when I start VU, is the infinite loading and straining the CPU at 100%. I have Win7 and also the update is not installed. What to do? You can fix it? I really want to be participant because I am a fan of BF3.. please Help.. :(

MAGIC

Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:32 pm

KostyanTroll wrote:I have Win7 and also the update is not installed.

Try to install the update then

RPGshotingNOOB

Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Have you ran Battlefield 3 successfully via origin: YES
Do you have an Intel Integrated graphics card: NO
Operating System: Windows 10
Anti-Virus Solution: ESET
Have you linked your account for verification: YES
Have you tried above troubleshooting steps: YES
Does VU quit without a crash: YES

kiwidog

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:47 pm

RPGshotingNOOB wrote:Have you ran Battlefield 3 successfully via origin: YES
Do you have an Intel Integrated graphics card: NO
Operating System: Windows 10
Anti-Virus Solution: ESET
Have you linked your account for verification: YES
Have you tried above troubleshooting steps: YES
Does VU quit without a crash: YES

Have you tried adding vu.exe to the exception's list in ESET Security Suite (or NOD32)?
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

dll.exe

Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:31 am

hello thar , DickyTroll here , for those who still remembers ...

I were in a server and typed in chat !nuke muslims because some ISIS guy started craping the crap out about muslims and jihad and alah and , what I would say , salama halama , and since then I get error code 4 - can't connect to zeus backend ... possible solution ?

Return to “Help and Support”