WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
zukhov-guaN
Venice does not run

Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Hello, I have installed VU and everything went OK until I tried to open the shortcut in the desktop. It did not open anything.
Using windows 10.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Re: Venice does not run

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:05 pm

Make sure your Battlefield 3 installation is fully up-to-date, and that you've launched the game at least once through Origin.
If that still doesn't work please let us know.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

zukhov-guaN

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:32 pm

I have done that but it still does not run. I also have restarted after re-installing microsoft redistributables and it does not open

be4vision

Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:36 pm

--Solved for me--
Hello there o7

i have pretty much the same poblem the installer worked and now i have the entrys in my menu. But none of these works if i spam it i can see that it indeed starts (it is visible in the taskmanager) but it instantly closes. The main problem is, that there is no information. I can't find the problem. I installed .Net 4, 3.5 (and older) on my Windows 10. Is there a log which i can check?

EDIT: I use ESET but i don't think that this is a problem. I manuelly checked the vu.exe with it and there where no complaints.
EDIT2: I checked in Origin if i installed all addons and there was one, which i downloaded before and it was not installed yet - after changing that and then starting BF3 and waiting in Battlelog i was able to start VU. I think the main problem was that i needed to open Battlelog.

-Be4Vision
Last edited by be4vision on Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiwidog

Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Try adding vu.exe and the VeniceUnleashed install directory to the exclusions list and report back if it works properly. Also what graphics card are you running?
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

kiwidog

Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:05 pm

be4vision wrote:--Solved for me--
Hello there o7

i have pretty much the same poblem the installer worked and now i have the entrys in my menu. But none of these works if i spam it i can see that it indeed starts (it is visible in the taskmanager) but it instantly closes. The main problem is, that there is no information. I can't find the problem. I installed .Net 4, 3.5 (and older) on my Windows 10. Is there a log which i can check?

EDIT: I use ESET but i don't think that this is a problem. I manuelly checked the vu.exe with it and there where no complaints.
EDIT2: I checked in Origin if i installed all addons and there was one, which i downloaded before and it was not installed yet - after changing that and then starting BF3 and waiting in Battlelog i was able to start VU. I think the main problem was that i needed to open Battlelog.

-Be4Vision

Glad to see your issue is resolved, zukhov-guaN report back when you have tried as well.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Bakakawaii

Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:22 pm

I have the same problem, already updated battlefield to latest patch, open the game through origin atleast once, added vu.exe/venice unleashed folder to Windows defender expections, still no luck.

Return to “Help and Support”