WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
zolee
Bitdefender blocks after last update

Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:57 pm

So bitdefender blocked new exe file after updating, this never happedned before...
Screenshot_115.png
Screenshot_115.png (6.59KiB)Viewed 6844 times

ElisaurusWrecks

Re: Bitdefender blocks after last update

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:04 pm

I was having the same issue. I got it to install properly after making sure bitdefender made an exception for the program. The bitdefender firewall was also blocking VU's connection upon startup.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:24 pm

The nature of our launcher itself can (and will) cause several false positives for a variety of different Anti-Virus solutions, however we can assure you that none of the binaries bundled with Venice Unleashed contain malicious code.

We're currently in the process of submitting samples to various Anti-Virus firms in hopes they will resolve these false detections.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

ElisaurusWrecks

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:37 pm

I trust VU wholeheartedly - and it wouldn't be the first false positive I've dealt with, anyway.

Easiest solution for me was simply to uninstall bitdefender temporarily until I had VU up and running - once it installs properly, the AV doesn't seem to interfere with VU any further other than the firewall.

Here's hoping that the these AV companies work actually take the time to work towards solving the issue. :)

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:55 pm

I wouldn't really suggest completely disabling your Anti-Virus.
Most AV solutions have an option to whitelist specific directories (or files). Simply add VU to that list.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

zolee

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:03 pm

thank you for really fast answers

Return to “Help and Support”