WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
guilledieguez
Failed to start Battlefield 3 process

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Hello,

After checking for updates and verifying installed files, VU client throws this message:

"Failed to start Battlefield 3 process. Are you running a modified copy of the game?"

I have a legit copy of BF3, already activated with Origin. I also have everything VU needs downloaded and updated.
I just didn't update my BF3 game yet since I recently installed it, so I'm starting to think that message is due to my game not being updated.

Any suggestions?

XuluniX

Re: Failed to start Battlefield 3 process

Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:11 pm

try to update the game?

melinsky

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:42 pm

guilledieguez wrote:Hello,

After checking for updates and verifying installed files, VU client throws this message:

"Failed to start Battlefield 3 process. Are you running a modified copy of the game?"

I have a legit copy of BF3, already activated with Origin. I also have everything VU needs downloaded and updated.
I just didn't update my BF3 game yet since I recently installed it, so I'm starting to think that message is due to my game not being updated.

Any suggestions?

same problem, how to fix?

Paulofonta

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:15 pm

melinsky wrote:same problem, how to fix?

On Origin, right click the game icon and select the option "Repair Install".

guilledieguez

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:54 pm

XuluniX wrote:try to update the game?

It seems updating the game to the latest versión through Origin fixes this. I also read something about "Repair Install". Will post results once it finished downloading.
The only way to be-and-stay in the present is to re-unite attention and conciousness

guilledieguez

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:55 pm

Paulofonta wrote:
melinsky wrote:same problem, how to fix?

On Origin, right click the game icon and select the option "Repair Install".

Will take this into account once my game finishes updating, in case the problem persists. Thanks!
The only way to be-and-stay in the present is to re-unite attention and conciousness

Return to “Help and Support”