WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Professor.Oak
Can't login to Venice Unleashed - Beta Build 6437

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:19 pm

I have a Beta key that was emailed to me about a year ago. I have no idea where to redeem it. I also can't login to the Venice Unleashed client. I click "Login" and then the password box shows up red. Has the Beta even started?

xheon

Re: Can't login to Venice Unleashed - Beta Build 6437

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 pm

I am guessing this is why.

neverhangover

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:10 pm

Does anyone know if we are able to log in, even if we didn't recieve a beta key ?

I'm guessing it should work, but we should not be able to join any servers. But I can't get past the login screen, even though i've logged in to the forums since the disclaimer changed.

Probably a minor flaw, technical issue.

But i'm F*CKKIN HAPPY as hell I could finally lay my eyes upon that loading screen.

(DAT LOADING BACKGROUND BTW :shock: :shock: :P )

TacTicToe

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:47 pm

What did you run to see the load screen? I ran the Venice installer, but running BF3 still takes me to battlelog to sign in.
]Image

mizudg

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:06 am

Maybe run the VU.exe in the folder? Derp?

Also, the keys are redeemed here

TacTicToe

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:43 am

There is no VU.exe in the folder, so derp to you. I think I might have been able to figure it out, had there been.

Is there an issue with the installer perhaps? Ran it the first time, then the second as repair, and still no vu.exe.

Edit:

Ok so there appears to be an issue with the installer. I copied my BF3 to a different drive and folder to keep it separate from the original. I don't want it in the same folder because I don't want any future issues with Punkbuster. Same thing I did with BC2. I ran the installer from the copied folder but it installed VU to my original game folder. There need to be an option or something where to install. Now I have no idea exactly what I need to delete from the original to make it VU free.

I'm guessing it must have pulled the install info from the registry or something. Not a good thing to do, if you are wanting to have a separate version like I do.

Edit 2: Updater is fucked. I copied the VU stuff over to my second directory and ran it and it downloaded everything to the original folder again. Updated needs to be made to only update in the folder it is run from. Not where it wants to.
]Image

MAGIC

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:55 am

TacTicToe wrote:I'm guessing it must have pulled the install info from the registry or something. Not a good thing to do, if you are wanting to have a separate version like I do.

Note the Origin license check

TacTicToe wrote:Edit 2: Updater is fucked. I copied the VU stuff over to my second directory and ran it and it downloaded everything to the original folder again. Updated needs to be made to only update in the folder it is run from. Not where it wants to.

See your quote above

Professor.Oak

Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:19 am

mizudg wrote:Maybe run the VU.exe in the folder? Derp?

Well that's great, the key I have is either invalid or has already been redeemed. Why? Why? Why. Such a disappointment. :cry:

SquaredX

Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:09 am

Professor.Oak wrote:
mizudg wrote:Maybe run the VU.exe in the folder? Derp?

Well that's great, the key I have is either invalid or has already been redeemed. Why? Why? Why. Such a disappointment. :cry:

You have to wait for a few days until they get the old keys set up.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:31 am

The Installer and Updater will work on the detected BF3 installation directory.
If you've moved it then it's your fault.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Return to “Help and Support”