WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Manchoo
Re: The Unleashening!

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 pm

RobbingHood wrote:NoFaTe confirmed it, so it's not a mere hint anymore.

then .. Image

GamingWithDon

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Image WOO!

WarBeast-GT-

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:27 pm

NoFaTe should put a disclaimer on the VU site that says:

"No DICE/EA employees were harmed during the development of VU." :lol:

WarBeast-GT-

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Kerrigan wrote:Yes. After a long round of guessing and puzzling we found the solution to the puzzle.

The Closed Beta will start on the 10th October 2014.

*Applause*

Maybe that's the date for the public release and the closed beta starts in the next few days?

RobbingHood

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:27 pm

WarBeast-GT- wrote:Maybe that's the date for the public release and the closed beta starts in the next few days?

Nope, it's the CB.

Sammuel

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:48 am

WarBeast-GT- wrote:
Kerrigan wrote:Yes. After a long round of guessing and puzzling we found the solution to the puzzle.

The Closed Beta will start on the 10th October 2014.

*Applause*

Maybe that's the date for the public release and the closed beta starts in the next few days?

Oh the teasing :D

Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

kiwidog

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:03 pm

I believe I'm able to at least tell you this, Dates are not recorded because that's too much effort, but I believe it happened something like this (not 100% sure either, my memory is terrible)

kiwidog starts IceEditor.
NoFaTe makes Coop Emulator
NoFaTe drops project for awhile (or something, idk didn't really ask)
NoFaTe posts video of BF3 emulator proof of concept
EADICE updates game
NoFaTe updates emulator
NoFaTe brings kiwidog on project.
kiwidog works on the gruntwork alongside of NoFaTe (reversing, testing, etc)
kiwidog ditches IceEditor, and starts a recode from scratch of a new project called Rime.
kiwidog discusses various things that could be added etc (client as dedi, but it crashes and kiwidog gives up)
NoFaTe picks and chooses what he wants and when he wants it released.
kiwidog & NoFaTe work on the project. (for a year or so, showing off various things)
NoFaTe reverse engineers some stuff, and decides instead of hacking Blaze to add new features and support (which is terrible btw), decides to reverse how Blaze works with BF3.
kiwidog stops working on Rime to get a lot of functionality in VU.
NoFaTe develops his alt to Blaze.
NoFaTe releases his video of backendless connection.
NoFaTe continues to develop his alt to Blaze.
NoFaTe shows off the Client-As-Dedi modification.
NoFaTe plans and is currently in development of this new backend.
NoFaTe shows off various blog posts etc (also blanking out the name kiwidog > nofate :roll: )
kiwidog breaks VU and spends over a week trying to fix it while NoFaTe is in real life doing stuff.
kiwidog starts getting modular with Rime and finishing a proof of concept of Model Viewer
NoFaTe fixes VU and calls me an asshole (which I am because the reason it broke was suppose to be fixed over a year ago and I took the approach of "it works, so don't bother it" aaaaaaaaaand it broke).
kiwidog & NoFaTe both continue working on VU (months).
NoFaTe starts The Unleashing.
-- FUTURE --
NoFaTe & kiwidog continue working on VU.
Internal Beta?
Public Beta?
Final Release?

As said once before, the "secrecy" is to not pull a EA/DICE etc, any huge company. As there were a lot of promised features for Battlefield 3 that were revoked somewhere during the development process, also that were added and locked away because someone got into their feelings at DICE and said fuck off, we want you to play the way WE wanted you to, not the community.

As for leaking, I'm fairly sure that there will be some form of leaking, it always happens, but then again the internal tests are hand-selected people by NoFaTe himself, therefore probably won't be any leaks.

Also, who said that the user would not get banned? (hint hint, :roll: ;) )

Personally, I'm not for the entire watermarking thing (I created the one that you have seen in the blog videos based off of the Halo 2 Beta watermarking), but hell if we want to go all Battlefield 4 with the watermarking or even worse, we could vary well do that and spit your information all over the screen. So you either 1. Leak and get banned, possibly for life (I have no control over this, or say. It's NF's decision on it.) or 2. Play nicely and enjoy your time in the beta.

There has been a ton of development in the last few months as well.

Any more questions?
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:34 pm

kiwidog wrote:kiwidog breaks VU and spends over a week trying to fix it while NoFaTe is in real life doing stuff.
NoFaTe fixes VU and calls me an asshole (which I am [...])

11/10 will happen again.
There used to be a signature here.

neverhangover

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Kiwi, You won't stop being my favorite. ;)

The leak-solving story made me sad...
Not saying I WAS RIGHT. Again. (Kerrigan)
Still, would be nice if we could have some insight on the internal beta, maybe you could write like 2 sentences every 2 or 3 days ? :roll:

On to other topics:

1.What is your take on the above mentioned question? (re-implementing destructible terrain)

2. Your "vu teleport test" video gave me an idea.
I know this is a highly debatable topic, especially with BF4, but could we use this to get more vertical,realistic gameplay on city maps ? Not necessarily on Métro, but on Strike at Karkand for example. If we are talking Rush, the attackers could get 1 more IFV and 1 more MBT, so defending infantry on rooftops/multiple levels won't be that OP.

kiwidog

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:00 pm

neverhangover wrote:1.What is your take on the above mentioned question? (re-implementing destructible terrain)

2. Your "vu teleport test" video gave me an idea.
I know this is a highly debatable topic, especially with BF4, but could we use this to get more vertical,realistic gameplay on city maps ? Not necessarily on Métro, but on Strike at Karkand for example. If we are talking Rush, the attackers could get 1 more IFV and 1 more MBT, so defending infantry on rooftops/multiple levels won't be that OP.

1. I haven't looked into it yet, I will be soon due to modifying Terrain with Rime.

2. I planned on it ;) Hopefully it won't have to be a indev-VU thing. But something someone could write with a plugin of some sorts like in Project Rome. I don't know, this is me speaking personally, it could be a possibility but NF has the final say on if, or how we would accomplish that.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Return to “Announcements”