WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
YunaSC
Re: Introducing Outcome!

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:56 am

Ain't origin doesn't allow you to do this too?

The only benefit for me i see is memory footprint.

MadbaLL

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:25 pm

it doesn't work for me.

when i start my bf3, it opens bf4 battlelog, instead of bf3's one. so i have to manually open bf3 battlelog.

how to return default. par file so i can continue using origami? this doesn't work for me.

mizudg

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:38 pm

MadbaLL wrote:it doesn't work for me.

when i start my bf3, it opens bf4 battlelog, instead of bf3's one. so i have to manually open bf3 battlelog.

how to return default. par file so i can continue using origami? this doesn't work for me.

It shouldn't open Battlelog in general... if you are trying to play the campaign that is

MadbaLL

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:42 pm

no i want to play multiplayer and it opens bf4 battlelog instead of bf3 battlelog.

how to fix this? if cannot be fixed, then how to get my old .par file for origami?

Sammuel

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:33 am

MadbaLL wrote:no i want to play multiplayer and it opens bf4 battlelog instead of bf3 battlelog.

how to fix this? if cannot be fixed, then how to get my old .par file for origami?

To get to the BF3 battlefog (assuming you have purchased it & logged in with a valid account)

hit the little arrow next to the name of the game at in the top-center position of the webpage:
Image'

Then select the Bf3 icon.

If that still does not work verify your user account details, as you might have logged in with an account that does not have BF3 licensed.

To remove the modified .par:

remove/cut-paste it out of the game directory then repair the game via origami.

Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

MadbaLL

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:49 am

thank you samuel, i will try it.

in the meantime i did some repair by myself, although i didn't use "repair installation" function. what i did is that i pressed right click on bf3.par and i selected restore previous version. then i reinstalled origami. is that also ok or should i still go with repair installation?

and of course i have legit origami account and bf3 on it, why would i ask for help if that's not the case? :)

legitsu

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:40 am

notfate some suggestions
1. automatic .par patcher this could function like the following
add a simple "add game" dialog that would present the user with a simple explore box so the user can point outcome to the game binary and .par along with some command line options for said game outcome would then upload & patch the .par and save it along with the gamepath(see suggestion 2)

2. a pop up menu that lists the games and allows the user to launch them nothing fancy just a basic popup that lets you launch games without needing to start via the binary
when launching from outcome outcome will check to see if the .par has been replaced by a non patched version and restore it from a local backup

Paulofonta

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 am

Agreed on the suggestions above. Although I think that the game path can be found automatically, just the same way that Origin finds it (probably by reading some registry entries).

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 am

legitsu wrote:notfate some suggestions
1. automatic .par patcher this could function like the following
add a simple "add game" dialog that would present the user with a simple explore box so the user can point outcome to the game binary and .par along with some command line options for said game outcome would then upload & patch the .par and save it along with the gamepath(see suggestion 2)

2. a pop up menu that lists the games and allows the user to launch them nothing fancy just a basic popup that lets you launch games without needing to start via the binary
when launching from outcome outcome will check to see if the .par has been replaced by a non patched version and restore it from a local backup

Paulofonta wrote:Agreed on the suggestions above. Although I think that the game path can be found automatically, just the same way that Origami finds it (probably by reading some registry entries).

I have been looking into the first feature, however, from a small peak I had into how Origin looks for games, it seems really inconsistent, so I'm now trying to find a way to get a full list of installed games and their locations.
Once that is done, suggestion 2 would be fairly easy to implement.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

legitsu

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:22 am

yea I noticed that as well you can cheat and pull the install_dir from the registery for the games that do it that way but thats why I suggested a filepath and then let the user fill it in

Return to “Announcements”