WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
violeta20
Re: Venice Unleashed, The Delay, and Updates

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:11 pm

HunteR97 wrote:It's a hole new game (new data base, new backend, new providers, open game"no EA shit :mrgreen: ")
A WHOLE NEW WORLD 8-)

All thanks to NoFaTe and Kiwidog :D

Yes you are right thanks to NoFaTe and Kiwidog :D Great Job..Hard Work. 8-)Bravo

CiprianCurcan

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 am

Great Job NoFate :),can whait for this project to show up.... :shock:

Niinx

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Awesome stuff, this is looking better and better every time we get something new to look at!

HunteR97 wrote:It's a hole new game (new data base, new backend, new providers, open game"no EA shit :mrgreen: ")
A WHOLE NEW WORLD 8-)

All thanks to NoFaTe and Kiwidog :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s

utopiate

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:39 am

meh, I hope venice doesn't just become a dumping ground for banned cheating players :?

XuluniX

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:36 am

I think NoFate will make good AntiCheat like 4D1 did it with MW2.
And we have the Serveradmins too

prosetheus

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:46 pm

I finally got BF3 through the Humble Origin bundle and expected a great time playing the game. But unfortunately due to my country not being close to fast servers, the LOWEST ping I have ever seen is 113 and I usually play at around 170. Needless to say, it is an incredibly disappointing experience.

Worst of all, I have very little server choice as well due to most pings being above 200. So I am limited to playing the same old boring servers and maps, such as Noshar Canals. Which is fun, but if I wanted action like that, I would keep playing CoD. In the larger maps, getting a kill is virtually impossible due to the ping and the distance of other players making shots impossible to take.

I hope to see you guys release your client soon and maybe we can get better/closer servers or get servers running ourselves. Keep up the great work guys!

mizudg

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:35 pm

prosetheus wrote:I finally got BF3 through the Humble Origami bundle and expected a great time playing the game. But unfortunately due to my country not being close to fast servers, the LOWEST ping I have ever seen is 113 and I usually play at around 170. Needless to say, it is an incredibly disappointing experience.

Worst of all, I have very little server choice as well due to most pings being above 200. So I am limited to playing the same old boring servers and maps, such as Noshar Canals. Which is fun, but if I wanted action like that, I would keep playing CoD. In the larger maps, getting a kill is virtually impossible due to the ping and the distance of other players making shots impossible to take.

I hope to see you guys release your client soon and maybe we can get better/closer servers or get servers running ourselves. Keep up the great work guys!

Hosting your own servers is kinda the idea of Venice Unleashed but until the Closed Beta and then the Open, there isn't really much you can do about it. In fact, if you have so little servers with good ping, it is unlikely that there will be many people even playing from your country in the beta. That's where hosting your own servers comes in handy but the Betas haven't started yet so no comment is necessary

prosetheus

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:43 pm

mizudg wrote:Hosting your own servers is kinda the idea of Venice Unleashed but until the Closed Beta and then the Open, there isn't really much you can do about it. In fact, if you have so little servers with good ping, it is unlikely that there will be many people even playing from your country in the beta. That's where hosting your own servers comes in handy but the Betas haven't started yet so no comment is necessary

Thanks for the response. There are quite a few people (EDIT: Playing BF3 vanilla, not in the beta) playing from my country and on the forums there is always talk of buying servers and posting IP's of servers in nearby countries but there is only so much that can be done. I'm considerably more excited about Venice than most other people because i can barely play the game as it is. Maybe thats why I enjoy playing RTS games and slower games on Tunngle. These days I'm actually playing Knights of the Old Republic instead, which is a single player RPG from 2003. :P

I remember playing CoD:MW2 on AIW servers, and due to the smaller scale of that game, it was actually an enjoyable experience. Anyways, all the best to the devs and community of Venice, and hope to be playing BF3 the way its meant to be played this winter. :)

Imposter

Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:23 pm

I forgot to say AMAZING!

silantkiller

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:09 am

wooow man this amazing :)
thanks a lot

Return to “Announcements”