WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Kerrigan
Re: Venice Unleashed - Closed Beta Enlistment

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:11 pm

ahmed195 wrote:we also needed the original game for bfbc2

Who said this ? We never did. It's a side-effect that BC2 is working without any registry or license: Because it never existed and the CD-check was disabled with patch R11. We weren't involved in that.

ahmed195 wrote:what makes bf3 so different from its former brother ? i guess people will find some ways to play it for free

Origin and licenses. Another step up. Understood ?

Raz2Kill

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Kerrigan wrote:(In another topic)

The client got a license check implemented or better the emulator does still check the license file on your PC.

I bought the game so I don't have any problem with that. My questions are:

How can you check the license since you are not part of any EA/DICE team? And most importantly: (and with all your respect for what you've done so far), how can we trust you that you won't hack our legitimate bought license/origami account?

Again, I'm not here to troll: I just care about my origami account.
And please don't answer "If you don't trust us, don't use Venice." :roll:
"You can't defend. You can't prevent. The only thing you can do is detect and respond."
- Bruce Schneier

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Raz2Kill wrote:
Kerrigan wrote:(In another topic)

The client got a license check implemented or better the emulator does still check the license file on your PC.

I bought the game so I don't have any problem with that. My questions are:

How can you check the license since you are not part of any EA/DICE team? And most importantly: (and with all your respect for what you've done so far), how can we trust you that you won't hack our legitimate bought license/origami account?

Again, I'm not here to troll: I just care about my origami account.
And please don't answer "If you don't trust us, don't use Venice." :roll:

We don't check your license. Our client is agnostic to your licenses.
However, the game itself isn't, as a valid license is required to even start it.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

mizudg

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:56 pm

NoFaTe wrote:We don't check your license. Our client is agnostic to your licenses.
However, the game itself isn't, as a valid license is required to even start it.

How does the game check for DLC ownership if the server is running on Venice/Rome's server (If it's actually possible to answer at this stage or at all) or is the version you will release in Closed Beta going to contain only the vanilla maps? I am just asking since I own B2K since I got the LTD Edition and just wanted to know if I will be able to play only Vanilla or B2K as well if I do in fact get accepted :) :)

RobbingHood

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 pm

mizudg wrote:How does the game check for DLC ownership if the server is running on Venice/Rome's server

Who said it does?

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 pm

mizudg wrote:How does the game check for DLC ownership if the server is running on Venice/Rome's server (If it's actually possible to answer at this stage or at all) or is the version you will release in Closed Beta going to contain only the vanilla maps? I am just asking since I own B2K since I got the LTD Edition and just wanted to know if I will be able to play only Vanilla or B2K as well if I do in fact get accepted :) :)

As previously stated, the client does not perform any ownership checks, that's why the DRM is there for.
By default, all expansions are enabled, but you still need to have their files.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

josecitox

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:51 am

After the submission do we get a confirmation message or straight a confirmation that we successfully qualified for the beta? I just got a message and i dont know what exactly think of it.

felcon

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:57 am

I was wondering, can this anyway compromise our Origin accounts?

Kerrigan

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:42 am

felcon wrote:I was wondering, can this anyway compromise our Origami accounts?

Origami isn't even launced when you launch the client with the hook.

dgudovic

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:44 am

Kerrigan if i get BF3 from a friend that owns it on origami , do i have to use his username,password or origami profile to play the game?
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

Return to “Announcements”