WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
3ti65
Re: Modding in Venice Unleashed - Part 2

Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:16 pm

I guess we have to wait for the public beta to proceed with a possible project.

Im keeping an eye on this forum and im really hoping to see some progress on the dev side of VU.

mikeyfps

Sat May 16, 2015 5:57 pm

The work you guy have doe so far is amazing!! I can't wait to get my hands on RIME & VeniceEXT to see what kind of mods I can come up with!!

Props to the dev's at Emulator Nexus and Venice Unleashed, keep up the great work!
-Mikeyfps

mikeyfps

Sat May 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Zobtzler wrote:Now I remember when I used to play far cry 2 on ps3.
I spent very much time in the map editor (more there than actually playing multiplayer or singleplayer combined)
I remember the UI being VERY user friendly and the editor being very easy to understand. Now I know that's the console version of the game but I still see that editor as really great in terms of user-friendlyness.

I think that's something that could be taken in consideration while designing the editor for VU.

I like how you think, Once I get my hands on some of these mod tools, I would definitely look at the FC2 Level Editor for some 'mod-making' inspiration! I would also like to figure out a way to add some RTS/Tower Defense gameplay elements added to the game-- similar to 'Project Reality' [worth googling if you don't know about it]
-Mikeyfps

wantafanta

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:35 pm

YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! once i get my paycheck i think im going to have to allocate some money towards a donation to you awesome developers! ive been waiting for tools like these for the frostbite engine for as long as battlefield has been running on it. good timing too seeing as how they are going to the yearly release schedule with the new battlefield titles (so i doubt ill end up getting them, as im content with battlefield 3 w/ modding capabilities)

edit: dont know if you guys will even accept donations seeing as how i dont see any links on the site, but IMO anything that could help the people making this tool possible is worth it.

kiwidog

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:34 am

We do not accept donations. Once everyone is able to host their own servers, you can host one to provide for the community if you are so inclined.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

bigworld12

Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:29 pm

can Rime create event-based destruction ?
as i read here http://blog.veniceunleashed.net/index.php?id=6
VeniceEXT can support .net scripts
but what is the difference between VeniceEXT and Rime ? if they both can control the maps / players / weapon stats ?
(forgive me if i missed some points or didn't understand smth)

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:32 am

bigworld12 wrote:can Rime create event-based destruction ?
as i read here http://blog.veniceunleashed.net/index.php?id=6
VeniceEXT can support .net scripts
but what is the difference between VeniceEXT and Rime ? if they both can control the maps / players / weapon stats ?
(forgive me if i missed some points or didn't understand smth)

First of all VeniceEXT no longer uses .NET an an underlying framework/language, it is instead using LUA (read more here).

Now, the difference between Rime and VeniceEXT is that Rime is a content creation tool, which will allow directly editing game files in order to modify existing or introduce new content (such as textures, models, maps, etc.). It will also be able to modify a variety of other game details such as weapon stats, entity locations, etc.

On the other hand, VeniceEXT is a scripting subsystem which plugs directly into the internal interactions of the Frostbite engine, allowing you to control a variety of different aspects of the game, introduce completely new functionality (such as gamemodes and action-based events), and interface with numerous other systems (inaccessible from simply modifying game files).

In the long-term, Rime will support action-based events utilizing Frostbite's graph-based action system, but even then, it's capabilities will be fairly limited compared to what you will be able to do using VeniceEXT.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

lambhassador

Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:21 pm

CTF with dirtbikes on Metro a possibility?

powback

Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:37 pm

lambhassador wrote:CTF with dirtbikes on Metro a possibility?

That would be easy.

edit:

As in, easy to do.
Last edited by powback on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paulofonta

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:24 pm

powback wrote:
lambhassador wrote:CTF with dirtbikes on Metro a possibility?

That would be easy.

Unless you're a skilled biker, you would fall on the stairs.

Return to “Blog”