WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!
Progress Report - RCON

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:04 pm

For the past week we have been working on the final missing feature of the client-dedi, RCON.

For those of you who don't know what RCON is, it is a protocol that allows you to remotely manage your server, using third party tools like ProCon.

RCON is extremely handy, as it allows you to perform several server-side actions, like changing the active map, managing (kicking/banning) players, and modifying various other parameters of the dedicated server.

Since RCON is missing from the client-dedi, we went through the process of re-implementing it, in order to allow you to use the afforementioned features.
Additionally, this makes it easier for us to expose various different VU-specific options/variables through the RCON interface.

We have taken care to make it fully compatible with the actual RCON protocol, and any tools that make use of it, which means you can still use your favorite tools (and their plugins) to manage your servers.

Currently, only a limited subset of the RCON commands is available, however we're in the process of re-implementing everything that's required to efficiently manage a server, while aiming to have full support for all commands and variables in the near future.

We would love to hear your feedback, so feel free to discuss this on our forums by clicking on the button below!
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Sammuel

Re: Progress Report - RCON

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm liking what I'm seeing!

but did the client not already have a 'console' of sorts (opened with `) will the commands that could be accsessable via that be assessable from this rcon as well?
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

Kerrigan

Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Looks like the final functions get implemented so we could get into the Beta stage maybe soon.

Right ?

And are we actually able to set the max players to 256 ?

mouz

Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Sammuel wrote:
> 256 players
> Rush
> Metro

Would host 10/10 + 128 player squads.

Back on topic, will b3 bot work? It's needed for server networks because of it's player management system.

mahesh43

Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:46 am

Awesome awesome awesome.......!
am super excited.
256 players would be insane in metro.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:02 am

mouz wrote:
Sammuel wrote:
> 256 players
> Rush
> Metro

Back on topic, will b3 bot work? It's needed for server networks because of it's player management system.

b3 is based on rcon commands, if they (at least some of them) work b3 should work as well.
There used to be a signature here.

blueman24

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:41 am

mahesh43 wrote:Awesome awesome awesome.......!
am super excited.
256 players would be insane in metro.

Then, a couple of servers would be enough for whole nexus community to play on. 1 for rush, 1 for conquest,...Thats it! ;)

AlexEe

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:13 am

You are doing a too professional job no!
Last edited by AlexEe on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

neverhangover

Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Rodney wrote:
mouz wrote:
Sammuel wrote:
> 256 players
> Rush
> Metro

b3 is based on rcon commands, if they (at least some of them) work b3 should work as well.

Did a check on your blog. What you are doing is AWESOME sir! :D What are the results of implementing ? (Live gameplay with custom server)

MAGIC

Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:54 pm

mouz wrote:Back on topic, will b3 bot work? It's needed for server networks because of it's player management system.

Basicly yes, but I don't know if you can use the default bf3.py as parser. I guess you have to modify it for VU (like the old alterOps parser)

Return to “Blog”