WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
MindFreak1987
Re: Progress Report - Capture Points & Teams

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:58 pm

kiwidog wrote:Man that NoFaTe guy is a total noob.

Cool, I also like cake.
Moje je srce hotel Nacional, u njemu soba, nema im broja, za svaku moju ljubav po jedna, a do te svake po jedna tvoja.

mizudg

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Professor.Oak wrote:Wow, I was totally expecting this. Another two weeks before we get to see anything about map modding. Maybe we will finally see something when Bettlefold 5 Third Assault comes out?

K, later :roll:

JET-FLY-ZW

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:32 am

The good news, I really want to know what time can release.........

ArditK

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:47 am

JET-FLY-ZW wrote:The good news, I really want to know what time can release.........

No ETA
Probably in 1 or 2 months

Kerrigan

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:47 am

JET-FLY-ZW wrote:The good news, I really want to know what time can release.........

No ETA given.

furiousTaher

Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Kerrigan wrote:
furiousTaher wrote:it would be great if VU implements a way to play the multiplayer without any master server for sending statistics in the closed beta

We can't anything about the backendless LAN yet except that a proven concept is existing.

yes.. in VU its not possible, ranks and game results must be stored in master server.

but i was talking about future lan, in 'lan' ranks and XP must be send to game host as there would be no master server. (and in unranked lan server this hassle can be avoided, as no XP needed to be saved.)

RobbingHood

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:15 pm

furiousTaher wrote:yes.. in VU its not possible, ranks and game results must be stored in master server.

but i was talking about future lan, in 'lan' ranks and XP must be send to game host as there would be no master server. (and in unranked lan server this hassle can be avoided, as no XP needed to be saved.)

I don't think that you ever need a ranked XP LAN server. Normally, everything is unlocked for LAN.
NoFaTe already showed that it's possible.

Kerrigan

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:20 pm

furiousTaher wrote:yes.. in VU its not possible, ranks and game results must be stored in master server.

It is possible if NoFaTe decides to support it.
For example he could implement an SQL-Lite database which is storing XP for a second 'offline' persona that is different from the persona you have stored on our backend.

Everything is possible. But due to the size of regular home LANs you could gather enough people for ranking but you don't have enough time to rank up quickly. Also, a dominant player would gain an unfair advantage by unlocking better weapons etc faster than his fellow players.

Offline ranking would be a worth consideration if ever a bot mod would be released for VU if anyones manages to implement proper AI into the multiplayer, which is a tough job since everything must be written from scratch.

Paulofonta

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Offline ranking is not such a great idea.
By my experience organizing LAN parties, we better just have everything unlocked while playing on LAN.
People don't play that long on a LAN party to rank up decently, and as it was stated above, players wich only go to a LAN party to play a specific game would have an advantage over other players.

ALIHEROSA

Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:37 pm

nice i can't wait XD
one thing in picture i see 6 slot in squde Nice if there 6 players in one squde
THX GUYS keep up

Return to “Blog”