WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
powback
Re: [WIP] Bad Company 2 - 3D Map Editor

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:47 pm

bfbc1 wrote:powback Thank you ! ;)

This is a shocking and surprise news
Thank you for production this software

But,Use Method Very complex
There are no instructional videos? Thanks !

You're welcome!

There is no tutorial yet because it's not ready to be used. I'm slowly getting more stuff done that will allow you to actually use the project.

Like I've said, once it's useable, I will make it more user-friendly.

gerdkr wrote:Hi,

puh cool stuff...

so i am waiting on wake island for bbc2 ;) ...
i have no experience to create maps for battlefield, but i think there is a lot of work to do.

gerd

Me too buddy, If I can get water working and find out how to properly export heightmaps it should be easy. We've got a lot of re-useable assets for Wake.

-=V12-POWER=-

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:54 pm

hey bro just a heads up, im on a break now for maybe 2 weeks or so, I don't have a PC where im going so can't make progress till I get back

blueman24

Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:16 pm

No Prob m8 enjoy da breakz

powback

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:16 am

-=V12-POWER=- wrote:hey bro just a heads up, im on a break now for maybe 2 weeks or so, I don't have a PC where im going so can't make progress till I get back

No problem mate, I'm working on stuff that doesn't require textures for now :mrgreen:

powback

Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:34 am

Update:
I finally solved the rotation problem. Turns out it was caused by a typo. Whoos.

I've also got water working, made it easier to edit values, allowed saving, fixed a lot, started to crack open the shaderdatabase, implemented road display, corrected havokentities, and I'm now working on automatically converting and importing the outer terrain.

I'll be ready to implement the easy-install method soon.

Once I feel like the editor has what it needs, I'll start working on cross-map importing.

I don't know what's serverside and what's clientside yet, but we'll find out soon enough. It should also tell you if a change requires you to mod the client too.

Imposter

Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:45 pm

You're awesome dude. Great job, this is absolutely amazing. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

bfbc1

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:24 am

the Mod tool , finished ?

Wait a long time..... ;)

powback

Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:19 pm

bfbc1 wrote:the Mod tool , finished ?

Wait a long time..... ;)

Not yet. I have made some serious progress since the last update though. For example, model and texture loading is now done in-engine. This is the first step towards custom models and textures!

What's holding me back is that I can't run Battlefield on my laptop that's running OSX and Arch Linux. And I can't use my Windows desktop since I don't have any space for it at home.

However, I'm moving in March, and I'll get access to my desktop again, as well as internet. So development will begin more rapidly, as I will be able to do more actual tests instead of guessing what works and what doesn't.

Anthony817

Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:25 am

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us. If anything I am sure most of us here are patient people. Going to love to see new maps and models. Maybe finally then somebody can rip the missing stuff from the 360 version of 1943 and set up some sick WW2 maps.

powback

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:34 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Can't wait to see what you have in store for us. If anything I am sure most of us here are patient people. Going to love to see new maps and models. Maybe finally then somebody can rip the missing stuff from the 360 version of 1943 and set up some sick WW2 maps.

I have actually been looking into the Xbox versions of Frostbite, and I think I'll be able to convert them with some time. I am able to load the BC1 main map files, but I haven't tried to convert the models yet. I believe I can accomplish this with only minor modifications to my converter.

The only major issue right now is that I need to completely re-write the fbrb exporter/importer to fix the issue when exporting the .terrain file, which always becomes corrupted. When/if that is fixed, we can get custom terrain very easily.

I'm currently working on resolving the issues caused by Linux's case-sensitive filesystem. I also managed to run BC2 + BC2 Server + a master server on Linux, so I can finally do development offline and on my main OS.

Stuff is still happening!

Return to “Modifications”