WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
m0chil
Re: Bots On Multiplayer

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:18 am

Is still being worked on?It would be shameful to let such project die.
Battlefield 1942,2,BC1,BC2,BF3 veteran.Check out my status at battlelog G4bb1 and bf3_rio

Get 10 posts :D
Get 20 posts :D
Get 30 posts :D
Get 50 posts :D
Get 100 posts

emi-liano

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:50 am

powback wrote:Did you make any progress on this? Perhaps instructions on how you accomplished this. Very interesting stuff!

zesty wrote:Almost forget this topic, wondering how's the progress going :3

SgtPowers wrote:Any updates on this working out?

m0chil wrote:Is still being worked on?It would be shameful to let such project die.

Sorry guys, i am very busy so i can't to update post, about the mod progress i have to say it is in 0% since i losted all i did, my hard drive died like a hero, with explosion and everything; i am currently working with my mate Bochi on the jets mod, we almost finnished it, still need to fix/create some textures an other minor details but is looking prety good; next month i will resume/restart my work with bots, and as usual i will post the files and tutorials to reproduce.
Feel free to ask anything specific if you are trying to make this mod, i will try to help in anything i can.
Last edited by emi-liano on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osprey

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:23 pm

I noticed most bots are only engineer...

bots in BFBC2 Onslaught? I think their codes are somehow similar with what you are trying to do... but somehow not really compatible...
^Just a suggestion^_^
Bump

emi-liano

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Osprey wrote:I noticed most bots are only engineer...

bots in BFBC2 Onslaught? I think their codes are somehow similar with what you are trying to do... but somehow not really compatible...
^Just a suggestion^_^
Bump

Most bots are engineer because i set them like that, for the sake of the test and to have more population; it is not like i copy/paste some code from onslaught and then this came out, i added bots one by one, from the SP mode, each bot has a name and can be any possible class, even heli pilot, also they can have many behaviour types and orders; the only thing i used from onslaught it is the path finding data, this data is compatible with this pc game. note that only the last video is using the right path finding data, because atacama desert is also in the onslaught mode; so almost everything in the map from pc game match the one in console.

Osprey

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:10 pm

emi-liano wrote:
Osprey wrote:I noticed most bots are only engineer...

^Just a suggestion^_^
Bump

Most bots are engineer because i set them like that, for the sake of the test and to have more population; it is not like i copy/paste some code from onslaught and then this came out, i added bots one by one, from the SP mode, each bot has a name and can be any possible class, even heli pilot, also they can have many behaviour types and orders; the only thing i used from onslaught it is the path finding data, this data is compatible with this pc game. note that only the last video is using the right path finding data, because atacama desert is also in the onslaught mode; so almost everything in the map from pc game match the one in console.

Sa basically what you are trying to say is that, Maps on "Onslaught Mode" works fine and maps not on that mode has some pathfinding problems?

RobbingHood

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Awesome, I didn't even notice you managed to import the pathfinding data :)
Btw, some of your images seem to be down.

emi-liano

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Osprey wrote: Sa basically what you are trying to say is that, Maps on "Onslaught Mode" works fine and maps not on that mode has some pathfinding problems?

Exactly! and it is also possible to use SP path finding data in MP maps, lets say we use the path data from heavy metal SP, the problem will be that SP maps have diferent objects/building arrangement; Heavy Metal from SP has buildings and objects in diferent places, (compared to heavy metal MP), so bots won't be able to recognice the MP objects, (the problem with the big black fence in the video); if we can use the actual SP map in MP, path data will work flawless.

RobbingHood wrote: Awesome, I didn't even notice you managed to import the pathfinding data :)
Btw, some of your images seem to be down.

Thank you, i will reupload.

Osprey

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Soo How's the progress?
/Bump

mizudg

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:24 am

He lost the files and hasn't resumed work due to hist latest work on the texture modding..

emi-liano

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 am

Arszilla wrote:
mizudg wrote:He lost the files and hasn't resumed work due to hist latest work on the texture modding..

CMON!

HOW COME EVERY CREATOR OF A GOOD MOD LOSE THEIR FILES?

DAMNIT!
I ACCUSE OBAMA!

Sorry, my dog ate the files sr. is not my fault.
But be patient i am about to restart the work.
What i am going to do first, it is conqest mode with bots on both teams like in Bad Field 2.
after that i will try to recreate the onslaught mode as it is in the console.
that is my plan, but i accept suggestions.

Return to “Modifications”