WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
emi-liano
Bots On Multiplayer

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Early work with bots in multiplayer mode, check how it looks:

UPDATE: TEST 2 bot's revenge

UPDATE 3:

Testing path finding data

Last edited by emi-liano on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 13 times in total.

mizudg

Re: BOTS ON MULTIPLAYER

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Awesome job, but cant you just port the bots from Onslaught if you had access to the 360/PS3 files?

emi-liano

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:19 pm

mizudg wrote:Awesome job, but cant you just port the bots from Onslaught if you had access to the 360/PS3 files?

Yes i could do that, but first i have to know how the bots system works, so i will keep working with these guys until i understand most of the system, then i will try to port, keep in mind that i can't copy paste the code just like that, i will have to reconstruct what they did on onslaught manually like i am doing it now, but there is still much to learn.

RobbingHood

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:40 pm

1: Make bots work
2: Put bots in the imported jets
3: Let the bots fly the jets and help their team a little, depending on their score
4: ???
5: Profit!

:mrgreen:
Jokes aside, good job already ;)
Do they have any function yet? or are they just "lifeless" models?

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:51 pm

mizudg wrote:Awesome job, but cant you just port the bots from Onslaught if you had access to the 360/PS3 files?

In order for AI behaviors to properly work in multiplayer you have to do a couple of things.
First of all you need to generate the required behavior data for the specified level (which is fairly easy and the game can do that for you itself).
Though, the second thing you need is pathfinding data.
Pathfinding in BC2 uses some early version of the Kynapse proprietary software from Autodesk, which requires special tools and procedures in order to actually generate such data for a specific map.
Onslaught does contain pathfinding data, however I'm not sure whether it is in the same format the PC version expects it.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

emi-liano

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:15 pm

RobbingHood wrote:1: Make bots work
2: Put bots in the imported jets
3: Let the bots fly the jets and help their team a little, depending on their score
4: ???
5: Profit!

:mrgreen:
Jokes aside, good job already ;)
Do they have any function yet? or are they just "lifeless" models?

Yes they have basic functions, (walking, body animation, facial animations, and screaming)
i like your idea btw.

emi-liano

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:26 pm

NoFaTe wrote:

In order for AI behaviors to properly work in multiplayer you have to do a couple of things.
First of all you need to generate the required behavior data for the specified level (which is fairly easy and the game can do that for you itself).
Pathfinding in BC2 uses some early version of the Kynapse proprietary software from Autodesk, which requires special tools and procedures in order to actually generate such data for a specific map.
Onslaught does contain pathfinding data, however I'm not sure whether it is in the same format the PC version expects it.

Thanks by the aclaration, this special tools have name or any way to get it? i will try the cosole files anyway

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:20 pm

emi-liano wrote:
NoFaTe wrote:

Thanks by the aclaration, this special tools have name or any way to get it? i will try the cosole files anyway

Unless you have a license from Autodesk, no.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

emi-liano

Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Updates:
Now bots have hostile behaviour! and they are very angry.
You can spawn on bots position if you are a squad member.
problems:
No pathfinding data yet, so they doesn't change positions voluntarily, they only walk if you gently move them with a vehicle.
After a bot dies, he changes team twice, to go back to his original team.
The server doesn't recognize bot's rank.
Besides from that, everything seems to be perfect.

mizudg

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:31 pm

emi-liano wrote:Updates:
Now bots have hostile behaviour! and they are very angry.
You can spawn on bots position if you are a squad member.
problems:
No pathfinding data yet, so they doesn't change positions voluntarily, they only walk if you gently move them with a vehicle.
After a bot dies, he changes team twice, to go back to his original team.
The server doesn't recognize bot's rank.
Besides from that, everything seems to be perfect.

Bot dies and changes team twice... So does the team lose any additional tickets or.. ?

Return to “Modifications”