WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
SylarTL
Re: Extra vehicles server side mod tutorial

Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:38 pm

Some houses/barns become epic,only one whole wall,or a part at the door

Wolfic

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:17 am

Hi, can you give me a links for all i need to download.

MAGIC

Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:01 am

Wolfic wrote:Hi, can you give me a links for all i need to download.

Searching is hard, right?
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1420

lagbeast

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 pm

hi. say plz, how to reduce the cooldown on the technique in 2 times?
http://teamcccp.ru - Atacama 24\7 server BFBC2 nexus.

lagbeast

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 pm

Thank you.

how to increase the size of the players on the map 64 atacama?
http://teamcccp.ru - Atacama 24\7 server BFBC2 nexus.

m0chil

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:03 am

Hello currently what servers have this mod?
Battlefield 1942,2,BC1,BC2,BF3 veteran.Check out my status at battlelog G4bb1 and bf3_rio

Get 10 posts :D
Get 20 posts :D
Get 30 posts :D
Get 50 posts :D
Get 100 posts

if110015

Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:52 am

Is there a way to add quads to the maps?

mouz

Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:12 pm

if110015 wrote:Is there a way to add quads to the maps?

You obviously haven't read the post. Yes there is, but there are limitations which you can find out by reading the original post

al12rs

Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi, i wanted to ask if there was a way to add a new spawn point to a vehicle already on the map but keeping the original. For exemple to add apache heli on B base in Heavy Metal or some new static mounted weapons like AA or TOW other than the ones that already exist. So in the end it is about adding spawn points to vehicles. Do you know what these lines mean and if they might help?
<field name="RespawnRange">15.0</field> //no idea, might be the range in which no other might spawn.
<field name="SpawnAreaRadius">2.5</field> //probably the area in which it can spawn.
maybe by reducing the first and increasing the second, allowing MultipleSpawns and increasing MaxVehicles...
I will test but that wouldn't allow to set a specific spawn point.
Do you have some ideas?

mouz

Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:57 am

al12rs wrote:Hi, i wanted to ask if there was a way to add a new spawn point to a vehicle already on the map but keeping the original. For exemple to add apache heli on B base in Heavy Metal or some new static mounted weapons like AA or TOW other than the ones that already exist. So in the end it is about adding spawn points to vehicles.

Only way that you can add new vehicle spawns is to copy the existing map into a new one, which players would have to manually download before joining your server. It's pretty complicated and not worth the effort.

Although, as you read in the first post, some maps have extra vehicles already there so you can use them (and keep the mod server sided only so everyone could join). Easiest way to check if there are any extra vehicles is to search for e.g. "/ah64" and check how many spawns does it have. If it had 2 or more, you could edit the second one and place it where ever you wanted. You would also see that it spawns on a round end trigger, which can be changed to flag capped trigger just by coping the guid of the trigger of some other vehicle in the corresponding base to the vehicle you wanted to edit, so it spawns at the right time.

al12rs wrote:Do you know what these lines mean and if they might help?
<field name="RespawnRange">15.0</field> //no idea, might be the range in which no other might spawn.
<field name="SpawnAreaRadius">2.5</field> //probably the area in which it can spawn.
maybe by reducing the first and increasing the second, allowing MultipleSpawns and increasing MaxVehicles...

If all conditions allow multiple vehicles on a spawn point, RespawnRange determines how far, in meters, can the first vehicle be away from the spawn point, in order to spawn a second one. SpawnAreaRadius is a circle that is, in this case, 2.5 meters in half-diameter, it specifies that in order to spawn a vehicle, no other vehicles can be in that radius. It basically says that it needs some space to spawn, so that it wouldn't spawn into another vehicle and cause damage when spawning, or some other bugs.

Return to “Modifications”