WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Nasipal
Re: [RELEASE]Sangre-Atacama + MOD_PACK + Bots+Jets

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Dpwnload Update V3.3:
Put extracted files in client/server root folder with replacement of all files - all old levels will work as before. It will add new levels and update few exist files - so you no need to make any backups. However, if some thing will work wrong you can say about it here

Levels:
levels/MP_TANKBATTLE_002 - CONQUEST CO-OP
levels/MP_SP_006 - CONQUEST CO-OP
levels/MP_ZOMBIE_MOD_001 - CONQUEST CO-OP
levels/MP_SP_006CQ - CONQUEST
levels/MP_TANKBATTLE_001 - CONQUEST
levels/MP_SP_TESTMOD_006 - CONQUEST
levels/MP_NIGHT_005 - Were restored to default version (badbaubau modpack)
levels/MP_005 - Were restored to default version (dice)
Last edited by Nasipal on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nasipal

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:43 pm

- Maplist separation requirement to avoid server crash
On your Server you need to use maplist.txt(server\instance\) where inside only levels with bots - If you want to play with bots and players:
CONQUEST
levels/MP_TANKBATTLE_002
levels/MP_SP_006
levels/MP_ZOMBIE_MOD_001

Or If you want server with levels for "humans only" your maplist.txt must be with levels without bots:
CONQUEST
levels/MP_SP_006CQ
levels/MP_TANKBATTLE_001

This levels also can be added in your maplist.txt with any other map what already exist in your server:
CONQUEST
levels/MP_SP_006CQ
levels/MP_TANKBATTLE_001
levels/MP_BC2_LC
levels/MP_BC1_AD
levels/MP_N_006CQ
levels/MP_NIGHT_005
levels/MP_005
levels/MP_006CQ
levels/MP_007
levels/MP_008CQ
levels/MP_009CQ
levels/MP_012CQ
levels/BC1_OASIS_CQ
levels/BC1_HARVEST_DAY_CQ
levels/MP_SP_005CQ

[Bot] Google

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Do not have time for tests, but zombie mod is crazy :D too many medics with teleport :)

Nasipal

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:38 pm

[Bot] Google

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:52 pm

I made some tests, so I have the same performance problem as before.
I launch server, play about 5 mins on each of this maps
levels/MP_TANKBATTLE_002
levels/MP_SP_006
levels/MP_ZOMBIE_MOD_001
exit game, load first map (MP_TANKBATTLE_002) again, start game, join server and there were problems with fps.

Most of the time, fps higher than 60, but 60 for my GPU is very low, especially in air

then iI loaded MP_SP_006 and I have low GPU load, consequently low fps - about 15

after that, I loaded MP_ZOMBIE_MOD_001 and have no problems with it. I made stress test with immortal player and has had no lag in full round.

Really don't understand where problem is :(

ps I really wanted to create hills of dead bots buddies but they disappeared - TimeForCorpse">1000000 ...

Freeshnik

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:41 am

Try less nubmer for TimeForCorpse, cuz dice programmers set it with limit for sure and your 1000000 may reset it to default.

Nasipal

Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:11 am

Freeshnik wrote:Try less nubmer for TimeForCorpse, cuz dice programmers set it with limit for sure and your 1000000 may reset it to default.

i got <field name="TimeForCorpse">60.0</field>in all modded files, however to create hills of dead bots buddies you will need to set <field name="TimeForCorpse">360.0</field> - that will be more than enough.
AI jet pilot test:

Also got some increasement of fps amount - in progress

cheesekun

Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:41 am

I'd like to thank you so much for your hard work on this project. I'd like to get my hands dirty writing pathfinding to get your bots working for other maps. Do you have any resources or could you briefly go through with me the process of doing this? I am a technical person. I am a senior C# developer with experience mainly in large scale enterprise apps but some cross over into mobile and basic games. I'm interested in helping :)

Nasipal

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:50 am

cheesekun wrote:I'd like to thank you so much for your hard work on this project. I'd like to get my hands dirty writing pathfinding to get your bots working for other maps. Do you have any resources or could you briefly go through with me the process of doing this? I am a technical person. I am a senior C# developer with experience mainly in large scale enterprise apps but some cross over into mobile and basic games. I'm interested in helping :)

Thank you for understanding and interest in this direction. Main problem with bots: i can't add new pathfinding data. I use one from exist from single player level. But even in this case bots cant use all map because some areas is was not patched ( only areas where player play etc.) And now with opened all map (new combat area) bots have "holes" in that direction. In ideal: we need to port level to Autodesk 3d max, use Kynapse path finding and build new "pathfinding data". I have no experience in that area. But i already know that each map (with bots) use "pathdata.hpd" file. For example: TEST SERVER\output\linux\ai\levels\MP_SP_006\infantry . And same for vehicles. This files is response for pathdata in server side and client side (but it is work even with only server side pathdata). However if you able to open any common file (sp,mp) you can find there few files what responde for AI behavior: \dist\linux\levels\common\level-00 FbRB\AI\Settings.dbx, common\level-00 FbRB\AI\Pathfinding\Infantry.dbx, _common\level-00 FbRB\Objects\Soldiers\Templates\AI. You can walk around this group of files to understand how it is work. After many tests i found how to make bots shoot at 900 m! (in singleplayer game mode bots are have short distance of
view) and some other interesting things. But i still cant add NEW path finding data so it is all have sense only on singleplayer ported maps. I would like for any help in this direction. Thank you

Nasipal

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:07 am

next map in work:
Mission 11 - Zero Dark Thirty" - level from single player game is fully ported to multiplayer mode game as stand alone level.
next steps: adding combat area, vehicles,spawn points,cam positions,capture points etc.

Return to “Modifications”