WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
francium
Play on Linux

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:21 pm

I was able to get the game running on linux. But when I added the emulator nexus files to the install location (same as the .exe) I still get the EA login stuff. I know my chances of getting help here for this are slim, but if anyone can help or make some suggestion please do.

Using Playonlinux to install and run the game.

AlexEe

Re: Play on Linux

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:13 pm

What do you mean with EA login stuff? Please clarify
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

francium

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:21 pm

I got it working. Before it asked to me login in using my EA account, like it would normally if you were NOT playing on emulator nexus.

Fix is simple. (For future reference) Install the games using setup.exe, update it using the update.exe after its installed. Then place the .dll with the game's exe. Then go into playonlinux, configure, install components, find and install dinput8.dll. There is some lag issues, maybe its because of hardware and or needing to configure the playonlinux settings for better performance, but overall works! One more reason for others to install linux :)

Siilwyn

Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Wow, thanks a bunch for posting the solution francium! Good to see some qualitative posts now and then. :D

Return to “Help and Support”