WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Phoenix96
Black screen

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Guys when i enter the game i can't see the map, by map i mean the landscape, the screen is black, i only see the little map, and squad members, it looks like it won't load the landscape, but i can move on it just can't see it. I even reinstalled the game, and it is all still black.
It worked yesterday, any help?
YOU CAN'T KILL ME!!!
...without a weapon...

dgudovic

Re: Black screen

Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Is the problem only on sertain maps, or in every map ?
Have you ever played before ?
did you delete/move/rename any of the files in your game folder ?
Have you tried lowering the resolution to fit your computer ?
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

RobbingHood

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Disable Motion Blur in Settings.ini (My Documents/BFBC2) and reinstall your graphics driver.

Phoenix96

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Fixed it... Well i said that i played yesterday... I don't know why but it wasn't working so i searched through some old posts and saw the fix for windows 8 (I have windows 7) and tried it out and now it works, sorry for alarming you before checking older posts :oops:
YOU CAN'T KILL ME!!!
...without a weapon...

dgudovic

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:23 pm

You could say how you fixed it for other members that have the same problem as you do ....

Phoenix96

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Ok, so in the game under settings go to video settings and switch to advanced settings, then go into documents, BFBC2 and open settings.ini, inside change Bloom=true to Bloom=false, and you're done. :D
YOU CAN'T KILL ME!!!
...without a weapon...

dgudovic

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Phoenix96 wrote:Ok, so in the game under settings go to video settings and switch to advanced settings, then go into documents, BFBC2 and open settings.ini, inside change Bloom=true to Bloom=false, and you're done. :D

Thank you for that , also you could make a post telling ppl how to fix it,or let me/som1 else do it si more ppl can see it couse i doubt eny1 is gonna look in here ;)

Phoenix96

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:00 pm

dgudovic wrote:
Phoenix96 wrote:Ok, so in the game under settings go to video settings and switch to advanced settings, then go into documents, BFBC2 and open settings.ini, inside change Bloom=true to Bloom=false, and you're done. :D

Thank you for that , also you could make a post telling ppl how to fix it,or let me/som1 else do it si more ppl can see it couse i doubt eny1 is gonna look in here ;)

Well feel free to do it because i have to study hard now, school doesn't tolerate gaming before studying, and my programming class is killing me right now, so you have my blessing to do it :lol:
YOU CAN'T KILL ME!!!
...without a weapon...

RobbingHood

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:01 pm

dgudovic wrote:Thank you for that , also you could make a post telling ppl how to fix it,or let me/som1 else do it si more ppl can see it couse i doubt eny1 is gonna look in here ;)

Well, that's what people are supposed to do.

dgudovic

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:04 pm

look into 20 days old posts that are asking for help ?

Return to “Help and Support”