WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
shidz
need a little advice (:

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:58 am

Don't know it this is the right section for this question..anyways,

I'm a fellow programmer, a beginner still. I was wondering what skills/knowledge do I need to be able to do work like you guys doing? Thanks :)

RobbingHood

Re: need a little advice (:

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:25 pm

I can' tell you for sure as I'm not a programmer, but from what i heard, i assume you need the following:

- advanced knowledge in C++/C# or similar
- experience with databases
- experience with Server-Client communication
- experience with login/authentication etc.
- logic thinking

Just my 2 cents, might as well be wrong...

shidz

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 am

Well, thanks RobbingHood :) but actually I was looking for something more specific.
Is there a way to contact any of the Admins/Developers directly? I tried PMing NoFate but with no luck...

dgudovic

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:09 pm

shidz wrote:Well, thanks RobbingHood :) but actually I was looking for something more specific.
Is there a way to contact any of the Admins/Developers directly? I tried PMing NoFate but with no luck...

You just did RobbingHood is the Admin at least on the forum but i dont know is he linked with the Developing probubly judging by his last post :P
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

RobbingHood

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:09 pm

dgudovic wrote:You just did RobbingHood is the Admin at least on the forum but i dont know is he linked with the Developing probubly judging by his last post :P

Wait wait wait... I'm NOT an admin :o

NoFaTe and wozniak are admins, then there are Global Mods (TheShadow), Tech-Mods (CactusPie, Imposter) and then there are regional mods (death_stalker_ak47, Paulofonta, RobbingHood) :geek:

I'm only responsible for the German subforum ;)

@shidz

Come to the IRC and ask NoFaTe there.

dgudovic

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:10 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
dgudovic wrote:You just did RobbingHood is the Admin at least on the forum but i dont know is he linked with the Developing probubly judging by his last post :P

Wait wait wait... I'm NOT an admin :o

NoFaTe and wozniak are admins, then there are Global Mods (TheShadow), Tech-Mods (CactusPie, Imposter) and then there are regional mods (death_stalker_ak47, Paulofonta, RobbingHood) :geek:

I'm only responsible for the German subforum ;)

@shidz

Come to the IRC and ask NoFaTe there.

Really ... i have a lot to learn about this Forum (lol)
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

Return to “Help and Support”