WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
=:Mustang:=
Some Newbie Questions And Their Answers== Must SEE==

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:35 pm

1. How Do i Check Server Status Of BFBC2 Emu
bf/?stats

1a. What Does Plasma Online and Theatre Online Mean?

2. I keep getting, the email and password Combination is wrong what does it mean? Shudnt it be username and password?

2a. What User Id shud i be using to play the game? I have a seperate user blog account. Are =and : allowed inside client? Do ppl with special characters in their account name get error to log into game?

3. Do I need to have 2 copies of the game to run dedicated server as well as play the game?

4. Alot Has Been covered in F.A.Q's But not the forum Faq's Look Here -->http://forums.emulatornexus.com/bf/?faq

5. I see at random places, ppl reporting servers are offline, Where are latest announcements (News) Posted By staff?

:P Requesting New locked announcement thread under rome. That has topic of current status of the game.(title to be edited with time and status)
Last edited by =:Mustang:= on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobbingHood

Re: Some Newbie Questions

Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:37 pm

1: You can tell by the number of players. If there are <200 ppl playing, servers are probably down.
1a: Plasma and Theater are the two servers that handle logging in, Stats etc.

2: You can log in with both email and username; If you get this message, either your name/password contains special letters or the server is offline.
2a: The forum account. Though your name might cause trouble.

3: The dedicated server comes in a seperate directory.

4: Fixed version: EDIT: Ooops wrong link :oops:

5: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1057
Refer to #1
Last edited by RobbingHood on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

=:Mustang:=

Re: Some Newbie Questions

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Thank You Robbin,
that was very very helpfull. all info i needed in one place.
Now I feel i Know how the system works, and the confusion head has faded away.

I dont understand why such an imp point (5) is an announcement at nexusbf subforum, but its not a stickied announcement(or even announcement) inside project rome.

Why is there even a seperate Nexus Bf Sub forum, and Project rome sub forum?
arent they the same.? now for some reason i realized when i came to the forum first, that rome is codename for the game i am trying to play, and so all my focus went inside rome subforum. i later intend to try out warz. Point being, if nexus Bf and rome are the same.. then there shudnt have been 2 seperate subforum.

And Point No. 4 that link does not display. Just shows, you are not authorized to view this content.
in any case here i wanted to say that the faqs here in this forum, are... well wikipedia of how to use general forums.. and its not in real a F.A.Q related to rome or any projects. (This same issue i have raised in my forum, anybody new who clicks on F.A.q's just goes HUH when he sees articles on articles about how to create post. smilies, bb code etc. And Nothing related to the project is there) the ones i asked i would categorise them as faqs, especially the question about username password/ server online :D

And Lastly, Whom do i go to? or shud i create a new account? as i have tried everything and conclude that the special characters in my name are the reason for me not able to connect to bfnexus server.

Kaveh

Re: Some Newbie Questions And Their Answers== Must SEE==

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 pm

im sorry if its a spam but what is the usage of plasma and theater server indicators if there are less than 200 ppl online and probably servers are down?!! are they different things?! and are the server down right now?

RobbingHood

Re: Some Newbie Questions And Their Answers== Must SEE==

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Kaveh wrote:im sorry if its a spam but what is the usage of plasma and theater server indicators if there are less than 200 ppl online and probably servers are down?!! are they different things?! and are the server down right now?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Plasma & Theater icons are just there to tell if those servers can be generally "contacted" (like Ping etc. )...
The player option is more accurate.

Also, if it worked once and then suddenly doesn't work anymore, it's very likely that the servers are down.

=:Mustang:= wrote:Point being, if nexus Bf and rome are the same.. then there shudnt have been 2 seperate subforum.

Nexus = the whole team
BF = EA's game
Rome = Codename for BF

=:Mustang:= wrote:And Point No. 4 that link does not display. Just shows, you are not authorized to view this content.

Sorry, that was the wrong link, there will maybe be a fixed version sometime later...

=:Mustang:= wrote:i wanted to say that the faqs here in this forum, are... well wikipedia of how to use general forums

Every phpBB forum has those FAQs.

=:Mustang:= wrote:And Lastly, Whom do i go to? or shud i create a new account? as i have tried everything and conclude that the special characters in my name are the reason for me not able to connect to bfnexus server.

Either ask NoFaTe or create a new account.

Return to “Help and Support”