WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
himapapa
Playernames with incremental number / banlist

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:16 am

As NF announced a renaming-tool for playernames with incremental number (only those?), I would draw your attention to an issue we have right now:

Players with incremental numbers aren't recognized by our banlist properly. A banned player "cheater" can play as "cheater (3)", so there's quite a lot of manual banning to do.

It could get even worse if the re-naming tool would allow any player to choose any free name he wants.

It would be a good idea (if it's possible in any way) to bind an unique EAGUID to every Nexus account. So all the re-naming (tool or in-game soldier names) would not affect detected cheaters as soon as they are banned by EAGUID.

In any case I would prefer if the re-name-tool would only affect players, which playernames have been changed by migration process.

mizudg

Re: Playernames with incremental number / banlist

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:37 am

Then again, if it's a nameban, easiest thing to do is make a new soldier. Even if the accounts are bound, making new accounts is also free. This needs an anti-cheat and it will be a while until we get one.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:31 am

himapapa wrote:It would be a good idea (if it's possible in any way) to bind an unique EAGUID to every Nexus account. So all the re-naming (tool or in-game soldier names) would not affect detected cheaters as soon as they are banned by EAGUID.

EA GUIDs are based on the master user id (also the server, not the backend calculates them), as this is the forum's user id and thus the same for evey soldier on a account, you can do EA GUID bans to ban an account.

Of course, this doesn't prevent people from just creating a new account.
There used to be a signature here.

Kerrigan

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:47 pm

ProCon is capable to perform GUID bans.
Since it's the Game Unique ID every account/soldier using this game won't be successful in joining the server.

Most bans are executed over those shitty quick-action admin commands or b3 where you only perform a name ban..
Of course those won't work when the player changes the name or recreates the soldier in a slightly different way the database entry is useless.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Kerrigan wrote:Since it's the Game Unique ID every account/soldier using this game won't be successful in joining the server.

It is a user specific, not game specific id.
There used to be a signature here.

himapapa

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:36 pm

@Kerrigan: You are right, it's up to the bans without (G)UID, just by name.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Only players who have been affected by the migration will be able to modify their nicknames.
Additionally, the modification will be one-time only.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

mouz

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Since you're making this tool why not release it for everyone to use? Maybe later limit name changing to once a week/month. On the plus side that's one less line of code for you to write. It will make more people happy and bring another feature to the game. I know a few people that would like to change their name even though they weren't affected.

Kerrigan

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:00 pm

mouz wrote:Maybe later limit name changing to once a week/month.

Yes that is good.

The Electronic Sports League uses a 3-times limit for 3 months. I don't like the thought that i can rename myself only 1 time..

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”