WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Johnshep
Hit Detection Fix

Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:28 am

I have been playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 for quite a time and most of the times i get annoyed and lose matches just because one shot didn't count, and i found out that there was a fix but Dice removed it because it was "Cheating", this fix they called " Cheating " was to stuck hit boxes to the player models which we are always expecting for the hit detection to be, stuck to the models but anyways they did something that it didn't allowed it to be done again.
So what im asking is that since we are modding battlefield bad company 2 is it possible to mod it for the hit detection to work again properly? We have all kinds of tools to make it work we just need to be able to turn this on again and if we could make this work it would make the gameplay much more enjoyable for everyone, and they had the fix but they removed it saying it was cheating while all it was doing was fixing the game.
This was done this way:

(Pasted from a website)

Are you tired of shooting people in Bad Company 2 but they don't take any damage? So was I.

Basically, add these two lines;

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.0450000
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 45

to your gamesettings.ini and settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder.
In gamesettings.ini, add them between the lines;

IntroPlayed=1
[GstPersistence]

In settings.ini, just add it to the end of the list. Save both files.

BEFORE YOU TRY THIS, change the value to your general server ping. For me, when I refresh the list, most servers are 31-45 ping. So, I change the values to .045 and 45 for 45 ping.

Say most of your servers are 73 ping, you'll want to change the values at the end of the previously stated changes to .073 and 73 respectively.

Apparently the battlefield series tries to compensate for an average of 100ms ping by default and so the hitboxes appear to "lag behind" the actual player model you're seeing in game. This fix changes it so that the models are where the hitboxes actually are by adjusting to your average ping instead.

This is just an idea doesn't mean that it should be done right away but at least we could give it a try in the future and please don't come with negative ideas saying that it would be impossible because it surely can be done given the proper work and time to it.
Thank you for your time.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: Hit Detection Fix

Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:42 am

These are commands for BF2 and they never existed in BFBC2.
There used to be a signature here.

Johnshep

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:08 am

yes because after all i would give myself the trouble to post commands for bf2 instead of bfbc2 regarding to bfbc2 :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZPhcwkSw0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNBWowkapHA ( check comments )

I don't care if it doesn't fixes it completely i just want at least more chance of hit registration.

Sammuel

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:55 am

Johnshep wrote:yes because after all i would give myself the trouble to post commands for bf2 instead of bfbc2 regarding to bfbc2 :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZPhcwkSw0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNBWowkapHA ( check comments )

I don't care if it doesn't fixes it completely i just want at least more chance of hit registration.

That's quite interesting...
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

CactusPie

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:15 am

Actually, as far as I know the values for these commands depend on the ping you are getting on a server. So if you're playing on an American servers you're gonna need different values than on European servers.

mizudg

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:40 am

Lemme get this straight... you
get annoyed and lose matches just because one shot didn't count

Daymn...

Johnshep

Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:33 pm

yeah that actually happened a lot of times, mostly in rush or squad rush.
I mostly get to servers about 40 ping but you know we can make a command to change the value according to the servers ping, or just type in manually each time before joining the server, either way if that isn't something that is quite possible to do i would just type in manually before joining the server i want.

Rodney

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Some servers are running on shitty machines or configuration.
Some have bad routing to your location.
Sometimes your PC might just suck.

These are the main reasons for shitty hitreg besides the servers only running at 30 ticks.

A fact is, these options won't change anything and it currently is impossible to change anything about hit detection in BFBC2.

Johnshep

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:27 am

It's not impossible to change, and you have no reason whatsoever to say that the hit detection is crap, because those servers that are in the vídeo were dedicated servers, besides i mostly play in 20-70 ping servers mostly in 40 and this happens all the time, i have recorded minutes of gameplay in these servers with this happening all the time, and these commands have been confirmed to work or else Dice wouldn't have removed them and the fact is you are wrong and without reason and standing up for it as if it was something you would stood against.

Rodney

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:08 pm

I know for a fact, that these commands don't do anything in the R11 version of the game you are playing with.
I wouldn't say DICE has removed them as they probably never were in the game. If you are saying DICE has removed them you have to prove that they were there before in the first place.

The videos prove nothing. There's no record of what servers they were playing on (if it were the same). No record of network latency or load. Also they do not move exactly the same every time.

It's purely the placebo effect.

I just want to make a point; if you want better hitreg, ok, we can't really help you with that as there are some underlying problems. But don't spread this bullshit and claim it is true.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”