WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
akula692008
[idea] new maps

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:35 pm

new maps
Attachments
kaksask.jpg
kaksask.jpg (512.76KiB)Viewed 10241 times
Проэкт Остров невинных .jpg
Проэкт Остров невинных .jpg (370.5KiB)Viewed 10283 times
Last edited by akula692008 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akula692008

[IDEA] new maps

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:41 pm

new maps
Attachments
QsBH6xyUd1A.jpg
QsBH6xyUd1A.jpg (90.71KiB)Viewed 10278 times

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: [idea] new maps

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:28 pm

akula692008 wrote:new maps

I would swap B and C and put C on the island.

If no one wants to do this, I'll maybe try it out next week.
There used to be a signature here.

mizudg

Re: [IDEA] new maps

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:33 pm

I dunno, Rodney. C on the Island would be too close to the spawn then. But is anyone actually gonna do this or have any sort of already finished/pre-release to try this out? I like the idea of it but some real "new" maps with different names would be nice since when you join a server, you might end up joining a modded one if the admin hasn't stated it

akula692008

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Rodney wrote:
akula692008 wrote:new maps

I would swap B and C and put C on the island.

If no one wants to do this, I'll maybe try it out next week.

I would be very grateful if you're on it!) Point (A B C) is better not to change - (Sorry for my english)

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:31 pm

mizudg wrote:I dunno, Rodney. C on the Island would be too close to the spawn then. But is anyone actually gonna do this or have any sort of already finished/pre-release to try this out? I like the idea of it but some real "new" maps with different names would be nice since when you join a server, you might end up joining a modded one if the admin hasn't stated it

I don't know any way to add new maps.
I would also put the spawn back to its original position.

I don't have time for the next few days but I will play around with it next weekend.

Edit: I successfully added a the map 'MP_004CQ' to the servers map index, but I'm still working on the map itself, once it successfully loads and is playable I will let you know, one problem is of course that the Client does not recognize the new map (yet), that's what I'm working on the next week.

I don't know if I could allow the client to join a server without being modified itself, I have to find out if the alpha map can be modified in order to be conquest without changing it clientside.
There used to be a signature here.

akula692008

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 pm

as the promotion of ?

badbaubau

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Rodney wrote:
mizudg wrote:I dunno, Rodney. C on the Island would be too close to the spawn then. But is anyone actually gonna do this or have any sort of already finished/pre-release to try this out? I like the idea of it but some real "new" maps with different names would be nice since when you join a server, you might end up joining a modded one if the admin hasn't stated it

I don't know any way to add new maps.
I would also put the spawn back to its original position.

I don't have time for the next few days but I will play around with it next weekend.

Edit: I successfully added a the map 'MP_004CQ' to the servers map index, but I'm still working on the map itself, once it successfully loads and is playable I will let you know, one problem is of course that the Client does not recognize the new map (yet), that's what I'm working on the next week.

I don't know if I could allow the client to join a server without being modified itself, I have to find out if the alpha map can be modified in order to be conquest without changing it clientside.

Would be better to find a way to add new maps in the game list, as real changes can be made server and client side.
Adding Jets
Adding new vehicles, weapons(vietnam weapons), weather. flags can be made much easier and players can use the game on both ,normal maps and the heavily modified without the need to have another copy of the game ( that was my version :D ) for this need server and client modification https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zPYBJ-qSbw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUt-_U2JYXrngCxfkJFALIFg

GREAT JOB!

-=V12-POWER=-

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:40 pm

There is almost no way of adding maps and have the server and client to actually load it with the current tools. It would need LOTS of changes per map to make it a separated one. I think some tool that could change internal map names would do.

Still, the amount of references to be changed is an enormous quantity

RobbingHood

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 pm

@-=V12-POWER=-
Rodney said he is trying to get the SP maps to be playable online...

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”