WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Gameplay| FROM E3| Let's Discuss!

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:35 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YldLgHFU0

Just to note video isn't mine but then again, I never said it was in the first place.

What can I say... this just blew me away with all sorts of expectations. I was really hoping for this change I am seeing : Battlefield bringing back the commander, more people per squad, teamwork, real destruction (as seen when the street colapses or at the end) and best of all - PREMIUM

Now some of you may receive your dose of EPIC with this video or get goosebumps like myself. I personally experienced both but just as I was about to pre-order a sweet memory of mine reminded me how I was tricked with over the top advertisements and gameplays and in the end, the final product was nothing more than an average DLC money-milking machine. I have stlil not overcome how I pre-ordered LTD edition BF3 in expectations of Nostalgia back from the BF2 days and the Alpha games were totally different from the final product, but that's why I bought it, not knowing what I got myself into. Now I am no public figure but with "China Rises" and "Second Assault" (if that's even another DLC) announced, as well as Premium in the future, I kinda feel a lot more sceptic around this time. What do you guys think? Should we wait for the Premium edition possibly out the following Summer or should we dive into what appears to be an awesome multiplayer experience and pay for it twice in the near future (seeing how every 2nd person if not even 1.2/all people who bought the game now own Premium) and be mislead into yet another DLC money-milking "contract" that we willingly agree to step into. Post your responses if you'd like to start a nice discussion about it and let's see how many of you are ready to go by EA's stick again.

gencer

Re: Bettlefold 4 Multiplayer Gameplay| FROM E3| Let's Discus

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:47 am

and still we are waiting for battlefold 3

Kerrigan

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:59 am

gencer wrote:and still we are waiting for battlefold 3

Why are you waiting ?
Go to a store, buy it and play it.

You can't play Venice without a legit copy anyway my friend.

mizudg

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Guys, the whole Battlefield 3 aside.. let's discuss what do you think of BF4's first MP glance? To the guy that said "we are still waiting for BF3", you can't play Venice without owning it so tough luck :twisted:

Kerrigan

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:03 pm

The destruction of the building could be a simple script sequence like in Caspian Border when the radio tower collapses at the end.

I will wait and watch the game evolve.

Maybe i will buy the Complete Edition with all DLCs included for 40-50 bucks in the end.

mizudg

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Kerrigan wrote:The destruction of the building could be a simple script sequence like in Caspian Border when the radio tower collapses at the end.

I will wait and watch the game evolve.

Maybe i will buy the Complete Edition with all DLCs included for 40-50 bucks in the end.

True that.. the commander mode was never shown except for the tomahawk on the tablet but I am really more interested in hwo they are going to PICK it.. is there gonna be a vote or..? Also the Voice chat was just a sham in the end, seeing as how in gameplay videos of that scene didn't have any voices. I also dislike the idea of an elevator in the multiplayer. I mean, I can just claymore or C4 and camp it or even destroy it (seeing how the building is destroyed by the end it makes sense that parts of it can be destroyed). And I think that the building will be destructible but there will be some rules around that, I mean, they are practically taking out one flag of the game = 1 Support power for the commander. Also, who needs vehicle drops and supplies when the whole team can concentrate on the Tomahawk flag. They better balance that or else it will be a gamebreaker. And last but not least.. PREMIUM ! I dunno... they better clear some questions before the beta starts

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Battlefield 3.5

Ok so far:
- Commander
- Spectator Mode
- More Vehicles (Boats!)

This is what BF3 should have been, a real successor to BF2, not just an upgraded version with the lack of proper features like spectator mode or LAN.
Last edited by Rodney on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There used to be a signature here.

RobbingHood

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Rodney wrote:Bettlefold 3.5

If the destruction in multiplayer wasn't completely scripted, it might be pretty nice :)

mizudg

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:05 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
Rodney wrote:Bettlefold 3.5

If the destruction in multiplayer wasn't completely scripted, it might be pretty nice :)

Rather stupid though to have the flag so easily destructible. It basically goes from Conquest large to a regular conquest with 64 people, don't you think?

RobbingHood

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:46 pm

mizudg wrote:Rather stupid though to have the flag so easily destructible. It basically goes from Conquest large to a regular conquest with 64 people, don't you think?

I also have no idea why they would make a flag destructable :?
And yeah, 64 players on 4 flags is a little "too much" imho.

Return to “Game Discussion”