WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
DeadZ = WarZ Emulator? Code leak or independent devs ?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:24 pm

So recently it has come to my knowledge of this game called "DeadZ". No sites or even an official youtube channel pop up when you search for it but it's pretty much WarZ emulated for free. Without bringing in too much of the past, I Would just like to ask if this is in some way connected to anyone from EN or is it an independent developer who's working his magic on this game which only mods/change can save. Currently there is a closed BETA with keys (Much like WarZ Emulator's required reg approvals) but it is said that there will be an open beta starting 28th of April. I truly can't tell you how I found this game since I did it on a "well-known P2P" site and most of you probably got the hint by now. I just looked up WarZ on it and this was among the first results (without linking anything, just go and check it out yourself if you'd like).

Could it be the WarZ Emulator is being reborn under a new coder or is it somehow connected to EN?

http://warz.4playfun.net/forums/ This is their site as far as I could find after scouting a bit on the official WarZ Forums and I can't say anything other than that it looks pretty much like every other topic. Their main site is supposedly under construction but I'd like to see the EN mods/devs' response to this post. Thanks for reading and I hope it was informative or what follows as comments will be ;)

132ian1

Re: DeadZ = WarZ Emulator? Code leak or independent devs ?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm

This isn't connected to EmuNexus, they just found the leaked source, and they're adding new features to it.. Like I've seen, It's going to be fantastic.

Bliss

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 pm

I think that Wozniak closed the project, so this needs to be something new, made by other ppls. And the WarZ even with some new features will and is a shitty game that was made only to get money form the peoples that were looking for something different that DayZ. Even the FAQ was copied for League of Legends. (really, they copied and pased the FAQ for the LoL website ).

Imposter

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:41 am

Bliss wrote:I think that Wozniak closed the project, so this needs to be something new, made by other ppls. And the WarZ even with some new features will and is a shitty game that was made only to get money form the peoples that were looking for something different that DayZ. Even the FAQ was copied for League of Legends. (really, they copied and pased the FAQ for the LoL website ).

For your information, WarZ isn't "closed", it was taken down for an indefinite time, since he didn't have a lot of free time, if you have been checking your stuff out, you would see that it is "under construction"! HINT: http://riseoftheinfected.net/

Thanks,
Imposter

Bliss

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:49 am

Imposter wrote:
Bliss wrote:I think that Wozniak closed the project, so this needs to be something new, made by other ppls. And the WarZ even with some new features will and is a shitty game that was made only to get money form the peoples that were looking for something different that DayZ. Even the FAQ was copied for League of Legends. (really, they copied and pased the FAQ for the LoL website ).

For your information, WarZ isn't "closed", it was taken down for an indefinite time, since he didn't have a lot of free time, if you have been checking your stuff out, you would see that it is "under construction"! HINT: http://riseoftheinfected.net/

Thanks,
Imposter

Well I was following this project for a long time, I know about the website and I see what is written there. I was just thinking that since he deleted his Twitter he just abandoned the project and leaved the website. Thanks for the clarification :D

greeen

Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:00 am

Link removed

EDIT by moderator: Don't post links to other sites that are providing useless competition. The site you posted is run by amateurs. We have no use for that kind of spam here. Administrative actions have been executed.

mizudg

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:40 am

greeen wrote:http://triadaua.at.ua/forum/25

I do believe sharing links to other sites like this one for example aren't allowed. Better remove it before some of the mods notice. Erm... yeah, we arent talking about whatever you just mentioned, more about DeadZ and if it's a copy of WarZ Emulator or not. I have already gotten the answer and it's clear that they are independent developers who got what they needed on their own and are not associated with EN. :!:

Kerrigan

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 am

Keep your stuff in order. I see this topic derailing already.

mizudg

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:39 am

Just lock it, we got the point across already.

Return to “Game Discussion”