WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.

Does BF1 Seem Better Than BF3/4?

Better
67%
Worse
13%
Same
20%

Total votes: 15
ChuckN
BF1 = Reskin, Resell, Repeat (Poll)

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:33 am

First off, I don't want to be too harsh on the "new" BF game that is about to be released because I realize that making a video game is not easy.
However, I must admit that the actual multiplayer gameplay footage I have seen has been a pretty big let down after the release trailer hype.

From what I can tell, BF1 looks like yet another reskin of BF3/4 except now you have "supposed" WW1 weapons instead of modern weapons.
I say "supposed" WW1 weapons because they simply took the old weapon names and slapped them onto guns that are laughably unrealistic.

Aside from cosmetic differences, the mechanized combat in BF1 also appears to be pretty much the same as BF3/4 as well.
The tanks are so unrealistic that they seem more appropriate in StarWars instead of a WW1 game.
Furthermore, the devs seem to have done the impossible and managed to make biplane combat actually look dull.

Basically, I would describe BF1 as a retro-SciFi CoD type shooter that bears no resemblance to historical reality.
That doesn't necessarily mean that its bad but it most definitely is not a WW1 game. ;)

(Note: Please leave a comment explaining your reasoning if you decide to cast a vote.)

CaptainESS

Re: BF1 = Reskin, Resell, Repeat (Poll)

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Better than BF4, worse than BF3. I voted for same.
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

ChuckN

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:56 am

Hmm...there seems to be a definite pattern developing here.
Nobody who voted that BF1 seemed better left a comment defending their reasoning.
:)

mizudg

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:04 pm

The setting is a step in the right direction. I've always prefered WW to modern day and I'm glad to see a return to form, albeit, maybe a bit too far back. This definitely seems like a WW2 game with all the automatic weapons, as combat was a lot slower during WW1, but I digress, we'll see in time with more trailers and possibly during Closed Alpha/Beta periods.

ChuckN

Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Okay...this is starting to get comical. :)
Even after my gentle prodding none of the other "better" voters are leaving a comment like they were asked to apart from Mizu.

Once again, regardless of how you vote, please leave a comment explaining your reasons.
If you vote "better" and run away it just makes it seem like you think your position is indefensible. ;)

powback

Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:52 pm

I voted better, because the BF4 shooting felt like airsoft with bullet trails and generally weak weapons. They just didn't feel as satisfying as in BC2. The BF4 destruction was disappointing too.

It looks like BF1 has a more bc2 feeling to it. The destruction showed so far looks great, but I really, really hope we can get a more serious game this time.
I'm looking forward to it.

ChuckN

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:55 pm

From the description I heard on a gameplay video it does seem that DICE may be trying to get a little more realistic with the destruction in BF1. The narrator seemed to indicate that buildings could be blown apart piecemeal instead of the mini "levolution" system where the whole structure collapses after a few hits. If that is actually implemented in the final release then I agree that it would be an improvement over the destruction in BF3/4 or even BC2.

Despite that change, I started to get the sneaking suspicion that DICE simply repainted BF4 as if it was a WW1 game in order to make it seem like something new. After all, the destruction aspect could have been put in a new BF game without adding a WW1 skin on top. Since they don't seem to have made any attempt to be realistic with the guns or tanks, the supposed WW1 aspect seems artificial to me.

Nevertheless, point well taken.

Freeshnik

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:25 am

Vote better! Main reason - videos feels like BC2, destruction great. Hope they add Classic preset (from BF4) to this game.

TacTicToe

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:02 am

Worse.

Each new release gets worse and worse and more and more restrictive. Since it will be at least 8-10 years before there is a Nexus fixed emulator (f at all), I will just wait on my purchase. Seems to be taking long enough just to be able to host a BF3 and there have been several releases since BF3. I have lost all faith in EA to do the right things anymore. Developers and Publishers are nothing but greedy bastards and care nothing about the gamer any more, its all about control and monetization.
]Image

Return to “General Discussion”