WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
ChuckN
Congrats DU4 For Having Worst Nexus Server Admin

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:55 pm

I have seen a few badmins in the years I have misspent playing video games but I don't think I have ever seen a worse one than at the DU4 server.
I have tried to be civil and discreet and have turned the other cheek several times but this guy is totally out of control.
I am willing to bet that the other DU4 admins are probably already aware of whom I am speaking.
Although I have refrained from naming him in the past I see now that restraint is wasted on this guy.
His name of course is: EV3RY.

I haven't seen a more power mad jackass operating as a server admin in recent memory.
DU4 simply needs to get rid of him if they have any desire at all to have a decently run server.

P.S. Message to the operator of the new Victory server:
The ONLY reason anybody has ever tolerated the B.S. that happens at DU4 is because nobody else is running a 32-Heli server.
If you want to take ALL of the players away from DU4 all you have to do is set up a 32-Heli server of your own.
If people are given an alternative I can pretty much guarantee that they will be more than happy to come to your server instead.
Count on it.
;)

EV3RY

Re: Congrats DU4 For Having Worst Nexus Server Admin

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:24 pm

Please take any complaints to our forum, thanks.
http://www.du4-gaming.com/

ChuckN

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:39 am

EV3RY wrote:Please take any complaints to our forum, thanks.
http://www.du4-gaming.com/

This post is not about COMPLAINT, it is about SOLUTION.
Nice try but you are obviously being disingenuous.
This post is directed to ALL nexus users and not just the narrow self interests of DU4.
If DU4 wants to clean up their own house then all the better but that is not my main concern.

The PROBLEM of bad behavior from admins/servers can only exist as long as players don't have somewhere else to go.
The SOLUTION is to provide players with an alternative to the servers that have badmins.
The punkbuster servers are a glaring example of this solution in action.
Although I have little regard for punkbuster itself, the fact that there are many servers to choose from means badmins simply vanish.

In simple terms, monopoly allows badmins to exist and competition makes badmins impossible.
If another server offers players an alternative, the badmin server will either clean house or it will be abandoned.
Either way it will be a win-win situation for nexus users any way you look at it.
;)

mizudg

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:42 am

Nothing can be done about it. Complaining on the Nexus forums changes little to none, due to the freedom of everyone hosting their own server and setting up their own rules. If you do not wish to play on DU4 servers and are warning people about it, good for you, but keep in mind, that any server you join is hosted by someone, even on EA's servers, and badmins will always exist, so really, there's no way to protect everyone or put the blame on a specific group of people. If you wish to change something about DU4, then as the original reply said, make a complaint on their forums. If not, then I don't see a reason for this post, since it's quite clearly directed at them.

ChuckN

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:20 am

mizudg wrote:Nothing can be done about it.

Sorry, but that is obviously not correct.
The solution to abusive monopoly practices is competition.

The reason I have included DU4 in particular is because it is literally the only server with players on it most of the time and it is the only 32-Heli server.
The problem is that this monopoly situation has allowed for badmins.

I suspect that the biggest obstacle to direct competition from other 32-Heli mod servers is that people aren't aware of how to set one up.
If time permits, I may throw together a simple how-to guide for setting up a 32-Heli server complete with admin tools and plugins.

Return to “General Discussion”