WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Re: Creating a Multiplayer AAA" Game

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:10 am

Sammuel wrote:Just wanted to know what the definition of "good" frame rate the general pubic has; at the moment it runs on High (not ultra) @29 - 35 fps on a AMD radeon HD 5700 (2009 GPU)

If you are developing for a PC... then the obvious answer is 60FPS. "Good" fps could be considered stable 30FPS but it all depends on how the game is made (some games lag like crazy, others are locked at 30 fps but play smoothly like 60)

Imposter

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:11 am

Sammuel wrote:Switched over to Cryengine as its much farther along the development stage than Unity 3D.

Working on a large map (BF style)

ill upload more pics if anyone wants them.

Looks great, you seem to be good at this! What languages can be used on CryEngine? Any chance of Mono powered C#? :3
If it is possible, I would love to help, maybe a zombie mode! xD

Epic stuff :)

zesty

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:55 am

Imposter wrote:Any chance of Mono powered C#? :3

The answer is yes.

Sammuel

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:42 am

Imposter wrote:
Sammuel wrote:Switched over to Cryengine as its much farther along the development stage than Unity 3D.

Working on a large map (BF style)

ill upload more pics if anyone wants them.

Looks great, you seem to be good at this! What languages can be used on CryEngine? Any chance of Mono powered C#? :3
If it is possible, I would love to help, maybe a zombie mode! xD

Epic stuff :)

https://github.com/inkdev/CryMono ;)

Anythings possible! In this case desired (im not a extremely experienced coder) :P

as far as the zombies; yes i was planning on making a cryengine powered copy of ai zombies from mw2 (bigger maps ofc, but same concept).

if you have any ideas post em!

p.s. sorry for the long response time (dident even see that there was a new post on this topic till today)
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

legitsu

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:58 pm

if Sammuel involved run like the plauge because this is going noware fast he kills projects like I kill cans of soda

Sammuel

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:24 pm

legitsu wrote:if Sammuel involved run like the plauge because this is going noware fast he kills projects like I kill cans of soda

uh huh. how about you go have your soda and shove one up your arse while your at it :) ; Furthermore work on that grammar ;)

p.s. we don't all have time in there lives to complete every and each last project we start; i may resume this but at a later date.

Cheers Sammuel.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

Imposter

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:42 am

Sammuel wrote:
legitsu wrote:if Sammuel involved run like the plauge because this is going noware fast he kills projects like I kill cans of soda

uh huh. how about you go have your soda and shove one up your arse while your at it :) ; Furthermore work on that grammar ;)

p.s. we don't all have time in there lives to complete every and each last project we start; i may resume this but at a later date.

Cheers Sammuel.

I like that last response, even though it is not allowed in this sub forum (hint spam/rage). If you didn't post that, I would have warned him, but you seemed to have dealt with it yourself.

@Legitsu
1) Please do not disrespect other people
2) Respect their work
3) People do have lives in which they have other obligations.

@Topic
Anyhow, this seems like a good idea, I could help out with some of the coding if you need help. As I will be working on something over the summer anyways. As of now, I am currently busy designing a node system for another community. Hopefully I will finish soon and resume my development on NexusLog v2, and help you with this.

Return to “General Discussion”