WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
peperonski
Cold war maps and put password on a server

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi guys, i've been hosting a game only for personal purposes, practise with helicopter and so, and i would like to know if i can host a server with a password.

Thanks in advance.

RobbingHood

Re: Cold war maps and put password on a server

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Of course you can.
Server root/Instance/AdminScripts/Startup.txt:

Code: Select all

vars.gamepassword "yourpass"

peperonski

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi thank you so much for your quick response, but it's "vars" right? instead of "var"? And one question more, it seems there is the startup notepad for tweaking some options of the server, but inside i find some examples of some commands that there could be in a server, so my question is, should i have to erase all the content inside and start from the beginning? or can i add a command line just at the end?

It could be like that? starting with # and it will continue below as i show you:

#vars.gamepassword "mypass" for example?

Thanks!

RobbingHood

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:49 pm

You're right, it's "vars", I made a typo.
You can leave all the content the way it is, as long as it starts with a # (# means comment, so it will be ignored by the game).
Add your command somewhere (beginning, start, middle; doesn't matter), but remove the # from the beginning of the line.

Return to “General Discussion”