WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TheTurkishMoose
Tactical Battlefield Mod (Name is WIP)

Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:23 pm

I have spent years modding the crap out of BF2 and have always dreamt of the chance to work with the Frostbite 2 engine and all of its BF3 assets and FINALLY, thanks to some very smart ambitious devs, I know have the opportunity to do so!

What I intend to do?
Create the most intense, hardcore Battlefield experience...

Planned features:
- No spawning on Flags, Vehicles of Squad mates - only at main base!
- Little to no HUD
- Increased damage for all weapons, explosive range and realistic armour for vehicles (by making it weaker)
- Vehicles take longer to spawn
- Unable to see amount of enemy tickets
- Disallow certain weapons (Mortars and more)
- Reviving friendlies puts them on 1% health and must be healed by medic
- Rework the medikit/ medibag (Hopefully). I'd like the idea for the actual player to do the healing, not the bag
- Decreased range of ammo bags
- Limiting certain kits (Snipers, AT, AA, Mines - Hopefully possible)

There's only one issue with this mod and this is the lack of in game communication. Games like ARMA and Project Reality have the best in game communication and seems unlikely to emulate with the mod tools we get.

Why this mod would work and bring attention?
- BF3 is well optimised
- Not many huge scale warfare games like this
- It's free (Obviously)
- Game play is unique for BF3 and may bring fans of the game who are looking for something more hardcore (Like I am)
- Reinventing BF3 for a unique experience

If anyone knows of any reason these features would not be possible, please let me know! Suggestions of course are welcome and I would be open to collaborations (if someone has a similar idea to me).

Thanks for reading, I really hope I can bring this mod to life! :)

stonedpac

Re: Tactical Battlefield Mod (Name is WIP)

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:55 am

i love bf3 and i wish people would comeback, dunno is that is possible but its better to have 2000 players and a solid game then 50000 and a trash game like bf4.

start working on it, i really hope the next BF fails and venice becomes a success sp EA can see that we like bf3 and they need to support it again. just like valve, they never changed the formula and they have millions of players.. dice doesnt know bf3 was by far the best battlefield.

kiwidog

Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:12 pm

We are taking the communication issue very seriously, it is planned to implement voip in to VU client at some point in the future. We know its a highly requested feature!

As for the rest of those tweaks, all possible, or ready to be researched!
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

TheTurkishMoose

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:44 pm

Thanks for the support stonedpac!

kiwidog wrote:We are taking the communication issue very seriously, it is planned to implement voip in to VU client at some point in the future. We know its a highly requested feature!

As for the rest of those tweaks, all possible, or ready to be researched!

That sounds great Kiwi. There's a lot more I would like to achieve but I don't know what is or isn't possible with the mod tools we're get. The way I see it is to start simple and see what we can achieve along the way, maybe discovering things I never planned on modifying.

I just hope that someone compiles some tutorials!

0mega

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Great modification!

Mortars however, you see in real life mortars are real and they are a pain to deal with. In Afghanistan and Iraq troops were losing limbs, legs and fingers from these mortars. My suggestion is that you rework the minimap system and change how people are being marked on the map as this was a huge shitty OP factor.

TheTurkishMoose

Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:31 am

0mega wrote:Mortars however, you see in real life mortars are real and they are a pain to deal with. In Afghanistan and Iraq troops were losing limbs, legs and fingers from these mortars. My suggestion is that you rework the minimap system and change how people are being marked on the map as this was a huge shitty OP factor.

If I can find a way to make the mortars limited (so only 2 used on each team) and make them less OP, then I would like to add them. I would most likely remove them from close quarters maps and keep them only for large maps where enemy locations are more random

0mega

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:59 am

TheTurkishMoose wrote:
0mega wrote:Mortars however, you see in real life mortars are real and they are a pain to deal with. In Afghanistan and Iraq troops were losing limbs, legs and fingers from these mortars. My suggestion is that you rework the minimap system and change how people are being marked on the map as this was a huge shitty OP factor.

If I can find a way to make the mortars limited (so only 2 used on each team) and make them less OP, then I would like to add them. I would most likely remove them from close quarters maps and keep them only for large maps where enemy locations are more random

Very nice, I see the small maps idea.

compaq_killer

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:45 am

can bots be added in multiplayer maps
that will be awesome
i have seen a jackfrag video about dice running botts server and i spectated them myself and found some idiots moving like bots
that will be awesome to play with noob bots ;p atleast practice

eunuck

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:11 pm

If it would be similar to PR i would def play it. I have long awaited PR to be used on frostbite.
Then I would have 3 great games to choose from, PR, this and squad.

Danesh_italiano

Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Nice ideia!

We need one mod like "Project Reality" do BF3! :D

Return to “General Discussion”