WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
MRCAir
What is VU

Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Hello I love to play VU at the time i can. Just one thing. What is it? How do i access the mod tools. Is this a open scorce FB engine or what its it. I just dont get the hang of it.please help me understand. Thx Cya

kiwidog

Re: What is VU

Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:05 pm

The modding tools are not available yet, Venice Unleashed is supposed to be a modding framework which does not change anything about the base game, but provides the functionality to create mods with ease. This is a really "simple" explanation, but if you would like to read more check out the about section of the website.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

MRCAir

Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Okay well i see. I did read it but i dont get the scorce if how u doo it. Can i help the VU team in any way I am a 3D artist and i modded allot of games and scipts in my past. I want to bee a part of this so bad. I have almost wanted to buy the rights to the Frostbite engine just to make my own game mods. but that wuld cost milons. any way please i am her to help. I know I spell for shit and I am sorry but hopefully u get me. BF4 And 3 have so much potential.
I know allot about the game that is wird and would love to help calibrate.
I have fired allot of IRL weapons and know them inside out. If any one her that are a moder or a VU dev person wants my email or skype u can have it. I realy want this project to go. I wuld donate but i just dont got the money to do that at this point but if i have to i might do it.
Good luck u all and greate work on the VU so far, the fps Is fantastic and the game is so nice now thx to u. I tryed bf3 on origin. What a Joke. Ha ah. well any ways please let me know if i can help in any way. just ask. Only thing that can happen is that i say - Nah thats to hard for me can i try something else? Ahh whata heck. Good luck now.

mizudg

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:51 pm

MRCAir wrote:Okay well i see. I did read it but i dont get the scorce if how u doo it. Can i help the VU team in any way I am a 3D artist and i modded allot of games and scipts in my past. I want to bee a part of this so bad. I have almost wanted to buy the rights to the Frostbite engine just to make my own game mods. but that wuld cost milons. any way please i am her to help. I know I spell for shit and I am sorry but hopefully u get me. BF4 And 3 have so much potential.
I know allot about the game that is wird and would love to help calibrate.
I have fired allot of IRL weapons and know them inside out. If any one her that are a moder or a VU dev person wants my email or skype u can have it. I realy want this project to go. I wuld donate but i just dont got the money to do that at this point but if i have to i might do it.
Good luck u all and greate work on the VU so far, the fps Is fantastic and the game is so nice now thx to u. I tryed bf3 on origin. What a Joke. Ha ah. well any ways please let me know if i can help in any way. just ask. Only thing that can happen is that i say - Nah thats to hard for me can i try something else? Ahh whata heck. Good luck now.

VU is only the base for creative users like yourself to create mods on. As mentioned in previous posts, the mods will require knowledge in Lua and there will be only a few example ones from the developers to serve as a guideline, not anything significant. Once the modding tools are out, you will be able to freely download and test them out for yourself, but for now, this is only a temporary Open Beta, which is made specifically for finding and getting rid of bugs. As far as donations, they will be used for funding EmulatorNexus and not the developers themselves. You can donate whenever you want if you can and it will help out the devs greatly as it will cover for the servers and domain. Also, you can edit your profile to display your Skype or Wesbite under your avatar (or even your signature if you so desire).

Return to “General Discussion”