WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
gokarter64
does turning off destruction have any effect on the netcode

Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 pm

one of my old theorys about why the netcode had so many issues in bf3 was that the amount of data needing to be synchronised between client and server overtaxed the netcode and caused some of the glitches (not to mention the stupid xbox server tick limit which was carried over to all the games). to add to that is it possible to change the tick speed of the server or is that out of reach for the time being?

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: does turning off destruction have any effect on the netc

Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:36 pm

gokarter64 wrote:one of my old theorys about why the netcode had so many issues in bf3 was that the amount of data needing to be synchronised between client and server overtaxed the netcode and caused some of the glitches

That wasn't really tested up until now, but I guess the difference is nearly unnoticable since the animation etc. is most likely not synced and just runs clientside.
gokarter64 wrote:(not to mention the stupid xbox server tick limit which was carried over to all the games).

The bad engine design is more likely the fault of both consoles, not really the xbox' (considering the game even looks/runs better on xbox), if the reason for the 10 Hz tickrate is the hardware limitation at all.
gokarter64 wrote:to add to that is it possible to change the tick speed of the server or is that out of reach for the time being?

iirc NoFaTe looked into it but as of now there is no way to change the tickrate, there might be later but I think it's not very likely.
There used to be a signature here.

gokarter64

Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:28 pm

thanks for the quick reply.

once i get the chance to test venice ill do some netcode tests, its probably to do with server tickrate but its worth a try to turn everything that might affect netcode negatively off.

xxjon2011xx

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:00 pm

i can't imagine turning off destruction would hurt the netcode

Return to “General Discussion”