WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Professor.Oak
Voice-Overs Revival Mod

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 am

It would be really cool if someone would create a mod that would unlock all of the hidden voice overs in the game. The video below shows some of the ones that are removed and/or are super rare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDauDMppn6c

mizudg

Re: Voice-Overs Revival Mod

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 am

Believe it or not, I actually asked about this a looong time ago. I didn't know there were so many of them, but my main question was "Will we get the sounds like in the trailers where the soldiers seemed to say more than just a few lines here and there and did feel real?"
The answer I was given was Yes only if they're in the game files and now seeing this, makes me feel great because if someone got them out of the game's files, then they are in fact there and can be triggered in VU if NF/Kiwi work on it. If not, might be a simple modification once Rime comes out since it promises to be so much.

zesty

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Actually custom Voice-overs mod would be more nice, since some players thought the original voice over is too offensive and a "clean" voice over would make it better for young audience.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:25 pm

zesty wrote:[...] the original voice over is too offensive and a "clean" voice over would make it better for young audience.

You want more kiddies?
There used to be a signature here.

mizudg

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:34 pm

zesty wrote:Actually custom Voice-overs mod would be more nice, since some players thought the original voice over is too offensive and a "clean" voice over would make it better for young audience.

That would be more of a client-side mod though.. anyone can put any replacements as long as Rime and the Modding capabilities are as NoFaTe and Kiwidog describe them. Also, those servers won't be ranked for the time being so it's pretty much fair to anyone.

MAGIC

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Rodney wrote:You want more kiddies?

YEEEEEEEEEEEHHH!!!

Nah tbh, the voice-overs are great and the game is 18+ here in Germany, so the 'legal' players should accept those 'offensive language'

RobbingHood

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Rodney wrote:
zesty wrote:[...] the original voice over is too offensive and a "clean" voice over would make it better for young audience.

You want more kiddies?

Plot twist: Children always want things that they are not allowed to have -> Remove "bad words" and the game is not as cool anymore -> Less kiddies 8-)

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:18 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
Rodney wrote:

You want more kiddies?

Plot twist: Children always want things that they are not allowed to have -> Remove "bad words" and the game is not as cool anymore -> Less kiddies 8-)

MINDGAMES
There used to be a signature here.

zesty

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:35 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
Rodney wrote:

You want more kiddies?

Mindblows, didn't come up with that one.

Majnu

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:44 am

Who said that BF can't be fun too? I like these Voice Overs so I support this idea. :D

Return to “General Discussion”