WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Professor.Oak
Re: Voice-Overs Revival Mod

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:12 pm

I hope a mod like this can be considered to be on a ranked server, as it only revives what is already in the game. Also, I hope the sunflare won't make it to the ranked servers. That thing should be tortured :twisted: If the sunflare does make it into the ranked servers, there really won't be any reason to play on ranked. Most will play unranked and/or modded servers that have the sunflare disabled. Just my two cents :mrgreen:

mizudg

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Mods such as the voice-overs or custom HUD elements/ sun flare are actually client-sided. So unless NoFaTe changes the filters or does the No Tint thing on ranked servers as well, there will be sun flare, and no custom voices.

Professor.Oak

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:11 pm

mizudg wrote:Mods such as the voice-overs or custom HUD elements/ sun flare are actually client-sided. So unless NoFaTe changes the filters or does the No Tint thing on ranked servers as well, there will be sun flare, and no custom voices.

No problem. I'll just use VeniceFX to remove the sunflare :lol:

Kerrigan

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:56 am

VeniceFX is an injection and could be detected by the anticheat...

Professor.Oak

Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:07 am

Kerrigan wrote:VeniceFX is an injection and could be detected by the anticheat...

I was never worried about anticheat. I'm pretty sure kiwidoggie won't mind me using his program :lol:

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Professor.Oak wrote:
Kerrigan wrote:VeniceFX is an injection and could be detected by the anticheat...

I was never worried about anticheat. I'm pretty sure kiwidoggie won't mind me using his program :lol:

There is no reason to use VeniceFX, as most of its features will be implemented in the base client.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Professor.Oak

Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:28 pm

NoFaTe wrote:
Professor.Oak wrote:

There is no reason to use VeniceFX, as most of its features will be implemented in the base client.

So we will be able to disable certain features without having to play on unranked? That would be nice.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Professor.Oak wrote:So we will be able to disable certain features without having to play on unranked? That would be nice.

Settings that affect all players (like Blue Tint removal, sun flare, sky brightness, etc.), will be configurable on the server side via RCON.
Changing those settings does not affect your ability to run the server in ranked mode.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

FaithLV

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Would be nice, if there was a switch to use these voices, like most games have "extreme gore" option in settings. :lol:
jet fuel can't melt dank memes

Return to “General Discussion”