WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
aXeSwY
How Does VU Banning Work?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:45 pm

I was wondering if VU will banned base on account ID or ∃A BF3 Licence key

Hope the second
Last edited by Imposter on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed the title to remove capitals.

MAGIC

Re: HOW VU BANNED WORKS

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 pm

I guess Accountban

Imposter

Re: HOW VU BANNED WORKS

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:17 am

VU Banning isn't really a hot topic yet, but it may be a global banning system for cheaters (similar to aCI/Punkbuster) not sure though.

Next time, please don't put capital's in the title.

@NoFaTe might want to confirm this.

Kerrigan

Re: How Does VU Banning Work?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 pm

We don't know any details about the global anti-cheat mechanism yet.

What we know is that it will be for both projects (Rome and Venice) and it will be (most likely) comparable to the aCI by NTAuthority used on aIW/4D1 projects.

Please note that this is just a guess.
No guarantee that it is correct information.

RobbingHood

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Could as well be some kind of a hardware ban (also just an assumption).

Kerrigan

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:58 pm

RobbingHood wrote:Could as well be some kind of a hardware ban (also just an assumption).

When its inspired by aCI3 then yes. :)

XuluniX

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm

AFAIK aCI bans were based on your Hardware (MAC-Address)

I hope Venice will use something like that.
But the License-Key is a good idea too

Kerrigan

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:09 pm

But i don't think that we will enforce a non-tolerance policy. Banning the license or hardware ID would result in a lost game for the owner. I mean cheating is a bad habit but a total punishment like Valve enforces with their VAC system is too hard for a punishment for cheating in a game.

I mean come on when you cheat in a card or board game no one bans you from that game for your lifetime..

It's like if you cheat on Monopoly you won't be able to play Monopoly for the rest of your life.. ._.

We should enforce temporary bans for rehab like 2 weeks or 1 month. But permanent bans are too strict imo.

Who hasn't cheated in a game yet ?

I admit, i did. Even in Rome. But not with my original soldier.. those which i used to cheat have been deleted right after using the cheat because i feel bad for the other players afterwards and in order to that my points achieved by using unfair advantages have to be removed..

So.. enough OT and confessions.

mizudg

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Kerrigan wrote:But i don't think that we will enforce a non-tolerance policy. Banning the license or hardware ID would result in a lost game for the owner. I mean cheating is a bad habit but a total punishment like Valve enforces with their VAC system is too hard for a punishment for cheating in a game.

I mean come on when you cheat in a card or board game no one bans you from that game for your lifetime..

It's like if you cheat on Monopoly you won't be able to play Monopoly for the rest of your life.. ._.

We should enforce temporary bans for rehab like 2 weeks or 1 month. But permanent bans are too strict imo.

Who hasn't cheated in a game yet ?

I admit, i did. Even in Rome. But not with my original soldier.. those which i used to cheat have been deleted right after using the cheat because i feel bad for the other players afterwards and in order to that my points achieved by using unfair advantages have to be removed..

So.. enough OT and confessions.

I've never cheated by the way. I am too scared to try out a hack or anything since most of my games I play are through Steam. I didn't even remove the blue tint out of fear I'd get account ban on BF3

Kerrigan

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:12 pm

mizudg wrote:'ve never cheated by the way. I am too scared to try out a hack or anything since most of my games I play are through Steam. I didn't even remove the blue tint out of fear I'd get account ban on BF3

I only used it where no AC is existing or against bots offline where no AC is aswell.

On Steam its way too dangerous since VAC would f*** you up!

Return to “General Discussion”