WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
sc0per
Dedicated servers/mods abuse.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:21 pm

I have had a lot of problems with dedicated servers in other games
css=sever full with bots and masked to appear like real players
cod4=cant find one normal server with max 12 people.There are ffa servers with 40 = people?!
bo1=nuketown 24/7 huge number of servers
mw3=dome only server,18 people(too much).I found one server dome only also but at-least it is 12 people max.BUT you can use support killstreak(I love that) and i think hay this is great,I found a good server and then i die! Why because camping is not allowed?! If I stay in one place for 1,2 min I die?!

I join a normal server,I play the game and see that i die too fast.It turns out that health is set to low.

I join a server and there is an obvious hacker.I say some insult and what happens? I am kicked.
I join a server,i ask something (normal question),no one answers i ask 3,4 times and i am kicked for chat?!

It looks like bf3 servers aint much better also.

So I hope you will have a good working server filter,so if there is a change in a core game(low health,remove that,this etc.) that i can know that and not join that server or what ever else you can do to make playing on a servers better.
If someone has a server he should have some control BUT he has a server not my game.Do people really like metro only with 100+ people or something like that

And better info for all servers would be good.Every rule on a start page.

Idk I have played bo2 free weekend and I really enjoyed matchmaking.i could play on all maps,i could play every mod I wanted,i could camp,i could use what ever gun i want etc.I have not seen many hackers,maybe 2.3 from all the games i have played

p.s.
And in bc2 is hard to find tdm servers.hosting my own server is not a solution for me at the time being

Kerrigan

Re: Dedicated servers/mods abuse.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:15 pm

How about a precise question instead of a story nobody cares about ?

MAGIC

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Something like that:
Can mods please check if serverowners only host 24/7 Metro server or similiar map rotations?

And no, they wont do it

RobbingHood

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:33 pm

@MAGIC

Well, he was asking for a proper filter system to filter those out...

sc0per

Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:12 pm

RobbingHood wrote:@MAGIC

Well, he was asking for a proper filter system to filter those out...

Yes ,that is it.

And that long story is there to point out what i think is the problem with dedicated servers and mods , so that you can make sure it is not like that in this game ( if people making Venice do share my opinion )

MAGIC

Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:13 pm

I didn't even read the whole post lel

FaithLV

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:49 am

If I hate something in all FPS in common...is that many servers limit players.
"No grenades or you will be kicked" and much, much more ridicilous stuff. (like chatting, for example)

And that's why I am not playing Bed Companion very often. As most of servers disallow certain things.
jet fuel can't melt dank memes

Kerrigan

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:44 am

FaithLV wrote:If I hate something in all FPS in common...is that many servers limit players.
"No grenades or you will be kicked" and much, much more ridicilous stuff. (like chatting, for example)

And that's why I am not playing Bed Companion very often. As most of servers disallow certain things.

Create your own.

If you can't host it at your home you could rent a rootserver and host the dedicated on it.

sc0per

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:19 am

FaithLV wrote:If I hate something in all FPS in common...is that many servers limit players.

So true.I was just now kicked from a server because of swearing.But i did not insult no one.I just said how "i love that fucking gun " or something like that and i was auto kicked.
And on pc no one chats,no one talks.You can only see that irritating "gg" spam after the match ends.

MAGIC

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 pm

sc0per wrote:You can only see that irritating "gg" spam after the match ends.

That isn't spam :o It's just the abbreviation for 'Good 'Game'

Return to “General Discussion”