WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!
Venice Unleashed Enlistments, Closed Beta and Stats!

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:28 am

As you might have noticed, the Venice Unleashed Enlistment website has been disabled for the past few months.
Our goal was initially to collect ~7k enlistments, but due to various reasons (explained in the previous post) we decided to wait up till 10k.

So that’s what happened.
A while after we reached 10k, we closed the enlistment site and replaced it with a temporary website until we had content to showcase.

Now, if you have enlisted you might be wondering when and how you will be picked, how will you be informed, etc.
So here’s the process of selecting enlisted players that will participate in the Closed Beta:

First of all, all enlistments go through an automated filtering system.
The filtering system is responsible for removing duplicates and other invalid enlistments and then sorting them based on an automatically computed preference score (which is calculated using the provided enlistment data).
After filtering, we go through all the enlistments by hand and collect the ones that we think should be entitled to join the closed beta.
Finally, we input those enlistments into another system, which randomly selects them until it has reached the maximum number of accepted players and then randomly categorizes them into waves.

When the Closed Beta launches, unique serial keys will be generated for each of the selected players, who will then be notified on their provided e-mail.
Those serial keys will be redeemable on a website that will be provided at that time, along with instructions on how to acquire and use our client.
I should also note that players will be accepted in waves, which means that not everyone will be notified at once.

Moreover, we initially thought about selecting ~500 players for the Closed Beta, but because of recent events we decided to pump that number up to ~1200 players! <3

Finally, here’s an infographic:

via [NoFaTe's Awesome Blog]
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

AlexEe

Re: Venice Unleashed Enlistments, Closed Beta and Stats!

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:35 am

Wow, thank you for the update!
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

XuluniX

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:43 am

after a long time of silence we are moving with big steps.
i hope NoFate and Kiwidog make something great

SeekaX

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:11 pm

dawww i didn't get a key.
anyways, not sure if it's a good sign that EA/DICE employees have enlisted, those guys might bring this project to a hold at some point (i remember the downfall of AIW).

Kerrigan

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:32 pm

SeekaX wrote:dawww i didn't get a key.
anyways, not sure if it's a good sign that EA/DICE employees have enlisted, those guys might bring this project to a hold at some point (i remember the downfall of AIW).

1. Keys haven't been sent out yet because there is nothing you could redeem it with yet.

2. We're not even near the stuff aIW was doing (linking torrents on their site, sharing DLCs, etc.)

XRay205

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:32 pm

'm sad did not receive an email

Kerrigan

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:58 pm

XRay205 wrote:'m sad did not receive an email

Did you even read what i wrote ?!!

Kerrigan wrote:Keys haven't been sent out yet

Niinx

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks yet again :D It's good to know how people are going to be getting chosen, and also how many will be chosen initially. I actually expected more DICE/EA to pop up in that 10k signup.

XRay205

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Thank you but I am unfortunately not going to get anything

SUDGamer

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:26 pm

4 EA/DICE employees have enlisted O.o

how did you know !!!!

and what is MordorHQ ??

Return to “General Discussion”