WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Re: Blaze Emulator - First Preview

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:05 pm

R3troStyle wrote:If the map size is the problem then i guess we can first start with smaller versions of the maps like in tdm and if it gets success then try out on bigger ground

If you're gonna do it, I really don't care how big the map is :lol: It's generally people looking for others to make it for them, not realizing how hard it actually is. As a novice SDK Hammer user, I can vouch for the others who have tried making waypoints. Even in COD:MW2's modded version, now known as 4D1, bots were such an achievement. If you are gonna do it, then fine, beats me, do whatever you want. But it's not easy making it so if you're expecting someone else to get it done FOR you and the rest of us, this is not the right place to ask for it. By that same logic, shouldn't there be bots for BC2 using Rome? It's simply not possible at this moment, especially with no bot support included in the game itself
Last edited by RobbingHood on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed quote

R3troStyle

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:29 am

mizudg wrote:
R3troStyle wrote:If the map size is the problem then i guess we can first start with smaller versions of the maps like in tdm and if it gets success then try out on bigger ground

If you're gonna do it, I really don't care how big the map is :lol: It's generally people looking for others to make it for them, not realizing how hard it actually is. As a novice SDK Hammer user, I can vouch for the others who have tried making waypoints. Even in COD:MW2's modded version, now known as 4D1, bots were such an achievement. If you are gonna do it, then fine, beats me, do whatever you want. But it's not easy making it so if you're expecting someone else to get it done FOR you and the rest of us, this is not the right place to ask for it. By that same logic, shouldn't there be bots for BC2 using Rome? It's simply not possible at this moment, especially with no bot support included in the game itself

I would do it if knew how to but if someone shows me the way i will do it

mizudg

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:00 am

See, that's what I meant. You just assume that the map size is the problem and that all there is to bot waypoints is just setting them where to go. It's much more than that and a game without bot support would be both hard to implement them and actually make them do something that is close to human inteligence. You would also have to make them revive, give ammo, give health, place beacons, use the AT weaponry when needed and most importantly - drive a vehicle since this is BF, you can't expect yourself to be the only one driving. :o

Overall, I don't think it's possible since nobody would need bots as much if we can host our own servers and set up the rules for them. You can make it something like noobs only or such to practice if that's what you need bots for

Kerrigan

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:52 am

Afaik there is gonna be LAN. So bots would be interesting indeed.
But you can always gather people for a lan..

Lapin

Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Kerrigan wrote:Afaik there is gonna be LAN. So bots would be interesting indeed.

Bot in multiplayer , on multiplayer maps ? I don't think.

Because the AI is not build for those maps , i mean there is no Ai-Node (Moving on the map , Taking cover ect....)/Nav Mesh

AI in this engine is DUMB : In the 2nd coop mission , get out of the Chopper (I let you find how to do that) then you'll see how the AI is dumb.
Ding dong bannu

Kerrigan

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Lapin wrote:
Kerrigan wrote:Afaik there is gonna be LAN. So bots would be interesting indeed.

Because the AI is not build for those maps , i mean there is no Ai-Node (Moving on the map , Taking cover ect....)/Nav Mesh

AI in this engine is DUMB : In the 2nd coop mission , get out of the Chopper (I let you find how to do that) then you'll see how the AI is dumb.

If you would've followed the discussion you would have recognized that there is no AI for multiplayer Capt. Obvious. ._.

It would have to be written from scratch...

By the way it's easy... just land the chopper in the river and walk the rest by foot. ._.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Kerrigan wrote:
Lapin wrote:

If you would've followed the discussion you would have recognized that there is no AI for multiplayer Capt. Obvious. ._.

It would have to be written from scratch...

By the way it's easy... just land the chopper in the river and walk the rest by foot. ._.

Didn't they fix that?
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

mizudg

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Why should they fix it? When did they ever change anything in the campaign or Co-op.. or even bother adding any new co-op missions which would've been a welcome change from the scripted defend/attack/defend again ones. The only innovative one was the last one since it was actually longer but it still felt like Call of Duty. Anyway, if there's a way for Venice Unleashed to have custom co-op missions, that'd be pretty neat but no modder would probably even bother trying to understand how it works. Anyway, still awaiting in anticipation

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:57 pm

mizudg wrote:Why should they fix it? When did they ever change anything in the campaign or Co-op.. or even bother adding any new co-op missions which would've been a welcome change from the scripted defend/attack/defend again ones. The only innovative one was the last one since it was actually longer but it still felt like Call of Duty. Anyway, if there's a way for Venice Unleashed to have custom co-op missions, that'd be pretty neat but no modder would probably even bother trying to understand how it works. Anyway, still awaiting in anticipation

I thought that they fixed it because last time I tried it the mission got automatically terminated after a bit.
Also, as of now, Venice Unleashed does not support Co-Op.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

mizudg

Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:03 pm

NoFaTe wrote:
mizudg wrote:Why should they fix it? When did they ever change anything in the campaign or Co-op.. or even bother adding any new co-op missions which would've been a welcome change from the scripted defend/attack/defend again ones. The only innovative one was the last one since it was actually longer but it still felt like Call of Duty. Anyway, if there's a way for Venice Unleashed to have custom co-op missions, that'd be pretty neat but no modder would probably even bother trying to understand how it works. Anyway, still awaiting in anticipation

I thought that they fixed it because last time I tried it the mission got automatically terminated after a bit.
Also, as of now, Venice Unleashed does not support Co-Op.

Not such a shame but anyway, they fixed ONE of the instances but you can actually get into the pond just close enough so your chopper doesn't sink and you can get out of it. Though the mission ends in a couple of minutes regardless if you do the objectives or not..

Return to “General Discussion”