WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
MadbaLL
Rome servers and what the future brings?

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:46 pm

comparing to last year or two i see decrease of rome servers.

but what bugs me the most is the fact that majority of those that are still active are taking cod mw2-like approach of just one or two maps 24/7 or servers with just one gameplay type.

i simply hate that, i like maps count, i like all game mods, i miss old rome with conquest and rush on all available maps. why is that, why those servers owners have chosen to take that approach? it kills this game for me. when i open, for example, cod4 mp, there are tons of servers for the game from 2007, all gameplay mods, all maps count... and for a game that is 10y old.

if some of the server owners read this, please bring back old rome, with all maps, all gamemods and STOP those boring and dull 24/7 single map approach.

TacTicToe

Re: Rome servers and what the future brings?

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:32 am

We run such servers. 24/7 servers in Rome really makes no sense, BUT if that is what people want and are playing, what are you supposed to do?
]Image

MadbaLL

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:02 pm

TacTicToe wrote:We run such servers. 24/7 servers in Rome really makes no sense, BUT if that is what people want and are playing, what are you supposed to do?

who wants that?

i didn't see any poll or something here. and i don't agree that someone wants it besides server owners, people are forced to play because there is no or very little alternative.

TacTicToe

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:31 am

Ok obviously you have never run a server. So why don't you put up a server, run it how you like, and see how it goes? Run whatever maps, game modes etc you like.

In the meantime, maybe you should leave running the servers to people that pay for them. No one is "forced" to do anything or to play anywhere. As I stated our servers run full rotations. Players on them all the time. I think you are just over reacting to something that really isn't a thing.

We don't need polls anywhere to direct admins in how they should run their servers. If you really don't like how they are run and you really think things are so dire, maybe it is time for you to find another game to play.

Just sayin...
]Image

X3RX35

Sun May 21, 2017 12:41 pm

MadbaLL wrote:
TacTicToe wrote:We run such servers. 24/7 servers in Rome really makes no sense, BUT if that is what people want and are playing, what are you supposed to do?

who wants that?

i didn't see any poll or something here. and i don't agree that someone wants it besides server owners, people are forced to play because there is no or very little alternative.

You would be surprised, a lot of players actually like these servers others just don't want to play on nearly empty servers. As TacTicToe already said, we the ones hosting the servers can't force the players off of these 24/7 servers. We only can try to prevail the players to join our servers with good configs/performance and with fair administration. The problem are not the servers (2 out of my 3 servers run the full map rotation with game mode rotation, the other one just the full map rotation)

Return to “General Discussion”