WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
henry1995
- Deleted -

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:56 am

- Deleted -
Last edited by henry1995 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.”
—Albert Einstein

mosi98

Re: Solution to hacking / cheating in Nexus Bfbc2

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:02 pm

I totally support this idea.
We should do something about the hackers.

dhasarath

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Hmm. Nice idea. I would like to have it in rome servers. This may prevent some unwanted issues in servers. Hoping to see this project come true. ;)

Fknsas777

Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:10 pm

Awesome idea! Cheaters really ruin the game now days, and somethig should be done about it

ChuckN

Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:22 am

Oh brother...here we go again with the "cheaters everywhere" whiners.

First off, how many of you "cheaters everywhere" whiners actually own the game...hmmm?
I bought the DVD in 2010 and I can tell you that there are a lot more cheaters on the Punkbuster servers than the Nexus servers.
Everybody that actually OWNS THE GAME and is not a PIRATE already knows that. ;)

Since the whiners always seem to be ignorant about the reality of cheat protection they should learn: SCREEN SHOTS ARE USELESS AS CHEAT EVIDENCE.
First person spectator mode is the only thing that is actually useful for catching cheaters since it allows an admin to catch an aimbotter/wallhacker in the act.
Since BC2 doesn't have first person spectator mode then that is not possible and the rest of these supposed "solutions" are nothing but smoke & mirrors b.s.

As is always the case, the "solution" that the "cheaters everywhere" whiners propose is infinitely worse than any supposed problem with cheaters could ever be.
Besides, the real solution is very simple...If you want to play with cheat protection then just PLAY ON THE PUNKBUSTER SERVERS.
Problem solved.

henry1995

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:05 pm

- Deleted -
Last edited by henry1995 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.”
—Albert Einstein

ChuckN

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:36 pm

henry1995 wrote:For all my brothers out there , please listen to this issue . We need to do something to stop this madness once and for all . Because of some idiots , entire fun in bad company 2 is ripped apart . I have an idea to stop hacking / easy identification of hackers . We need to emulate features of punkbuster like screenshot through an app.

Main function of Nexus app :

1. Only through this , you can play bad company 2 nexus multiplayer (i.e) they have to login through app .
2. If anyone closes this app during play session , it will force terminate bad company 2 itself .
3. Admins can take screenshot of any player during their play . For security reason , this screenshot feature will work only if bad company 2 process is active .

Phase 1:

1. Tried to implement this feature using Visual c# with one client but failed because it can't capture directx application . But i'm thinking about different alogrithm which is used in teamviewer .

Phase 2 :

2. Multiple clients , client with admin privilege can take screenshot of others .

Phase 3 :

3. i dunno , i'm just random dude who wants to restore your fun. So its up to you guys .

If anyone there join me in cleaning this mess ? , please rise up . It's now or never .

Sorry for wasting your time . :roll:

henry1995 wrote:Dude if u are not making progress here then don't waste ur precious time by posting here, just walk away like everyone else . Yea i agree with you , everyone knows hacking happening everywhere around us but point here is innocents are also getting banned for some reason . It's just a suggestion of my own to help people play in peace that's all , if that annoys you then i can't do anything about it . For the Record " I am not whining here kid " .

One thing , I am not working on this app anymore so enough of arguments .

The supposed anti-cheat solution you proposed in your initial post is nothing less than a hostile takeover of the Rome client.
Anybody with any common sense should be smart enough to know that is a horribly bad deal for Rome users.
Besides, the Rome devs are perfectly capable of coding an anti-cheat themselves if they want one.

There are far fewer hackers on the Nexus servers than there are on the Punkbuster servers and everybody that owns the game already knows that.
However, if you are absolutely determined to make something that might be used with Rome then I suggest you try to develop a B3 plugin.

P.S. No kid here bud so you can give that one a rest. ;)

henry1995

- Deleted -

Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:21 pm

- Deleted -
Last edited by henry1995 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Albert Einstein

Johnshep

Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:53 pm

We could try activating the punkbuster feature to take screenshots and send it back. After all thats all we need.

Return to “General Discussion”