WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
ChuckN
Re: DU4 32-Heli Server Griefer

Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:51 pm

himapapa wrote:... There's no need and no way to inform every player about everything he doesn't know...

Actually its very easy to do with a join message like the attached example.

I don't want to keep repeating myself since I already stated why I don't think !votekick is a very good solution anyway.
A much better solution to griefers would be an autokick plugin. If one already exists, maybe somebody could post a link for it.
Attachments
ServerJoinMessage-Example_cropped.jpg
ServerJoinMessage-Example_cropped.jpg (46.39KiB)Viewed 11034 times

himapapa

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:19 pm

ChuckN wrote:Actually its very easy to do with a join message like the attached example.

Qed: There's no need and no way to inform every player about everything he doesn't know.

ChuckN

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:39 pm

Wow, your last post made no sense at all so I don't even know how to respond.
If you want to enable votekick and then not tell the players on your server I guess its your call. :P

Anyway, to get the thread back on track, does anybody know of a griefer autokick plugin that they could post a link to?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Update - Saturday morning (1-3-2015) I joined the Atacama 32-Heli server on the USA side for the start of a round and literally half my team was doing nothing but griefing. About four of them were blowing up the team helis and the rest were blocking the ZU23 while enemy helis base raped.

This problem is entirely too far out of hand and it needs to be fixed immediately. If it isn't stopped then BC2 will simply become unplayable.
Attachments
Atacama_Griefers_20150103_072325.jpg
griefers blocking zu23
Atacama_Griefers_20150103_072325.jpg (26.06KiB)Viewed 11015 times
Atacama_Griefers_2_20150103_072338.jpg
more griefers behind zu23
Atacama_Griefers_2_20150103_072338.jpg (25.83KiB)Viewed 11014 times

mouz

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:43 am

You complain too much. It's not a job of the server admins to "force" players to play. You should just ignore those kind of players, and enjoy the game, for a change... If 4 players decide to troll, the might as well vote kick you just for the heck of it. As long as i know 4>1 and votekick doesn't necessarily solve these problems. You still need to find other players that acutely read the chat, and understand what's going on, care about it, and vote. Good luck with that.

ChuckN

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:24 pm

mouz wrote:You complain too much. It's not a job of the server admins to "force" players to play. You should just ignore those kind of players, and enjoy the game, for a change... If 4 players decide to troll, the might as well vote kick you just for the heck of it. As long as i know 4>1 and votekick doesn't necessarily solve these problems. You still need to find other players that acutely read the chat, and understand what's going on, care about it, and vote. Good luck with that.

Wtf are you even talking about???
How is anybody going to "just ignore those kind of players, and enjoy the game" when HALF their team is doing nothing but griefing???!
8 out of 16 on the USA side were blowing up the team helis and blocking the zu23. How the hell is that enjoyable???
If you look at the base letter markers in the second screenshot you will also notice that ALL of the bases have been capped by the enemy and this is at the START of the round! Anybody with any sense at all knows your advice to "just ignore it" is laughable at best.

Votekick is useless for stopping griefers. If you had bothered to read my previous post you would know that I already stated that it would likely be used by griefers to vote good players off the server. The solution to team vehicle destroyers is an AUTOKICK script.
The rest that sit around the zu23 can afford to be ignored since DU4 has limited the range of the zu23 to the point where its nearly useless anyway.

If one particular server chooses to do nothing about griefers, then that is certainly their prerogative. Have fun playing on their griefer playground.
However, I know for a fact that the vast MAJORITY of people are sane enough to want this problem fixed on ALL the servers once and for all.
This thread is not a "complaint" it is a CALL TO ACTION. This problem needs to be fixed immediately and it CAN BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY.
Last edited by ChuckN on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MAGIC

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:28 pm

I wonder how the plugin should detect that they are 'griefing' (it's not the right word tbh) a helicopter or just waiting for friends before flying away

ChuckN

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:37 pm

You don't think blowing up the team helis repeatedly qualifies as "griefing"???

I would think that detecting if somebody destroys a team vehicle would be simple enough.

MAGIC

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:09 pm

ChuckN wrote:
I would think that detecting if somebody destroys a team vehicle would be simple enough.

Oh great, what about the players who uses the helicopter at Valparaiso just to get to the first MCOMs? The helicopter will get destroyed aswell

ChuckN

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Ok, now you are just trolling.
Bailing from a heli is not the same as shooting it with an rpg or a tank.
If you are talking about the nitwit suicide wookies who plant c4 and then crash it, I couldn't care less if they are booted.
I am only talking about the maps with attack helis anyway.

MAGIC

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Well I am only discussing how the plugin should know when a player is destroying the heli 'just for fun' or not

Return to “General Discussion”