WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Phoqe
Comcat - Server Control Panel

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Comcat

Introduction
Comcat is a server control panel and it will target games with server files, like Bettlefold: Bed Companion 2. It's main goal is to provide ease and functionality to the server owner. It will glance with a high amount of features, and it will also be completely free. There will also be an extension system provided, where extensions can customize the control panel or the game fundamentals. Extensions will be community-created meaning the community is the center of the building process, but there will also come built-in extensions.

Features
As mentioned before, there will be alot of features to cover for. I am only going to cover the big and unique features in this list, there is no need to include the basic server features. This list will populate with ideas, it will be filled out in the development process.

Extensions (Community-created building blocks that improve the application and the game.)
    Scoreboard (A real-time view over a player's score, there may also be real-time editing a players score.)
    Schedule (Create events at specific times and have your server automated relying on the schedule.)

Screenshots
Keep in mind that this is not at all the finished product, just a showcase of what's done.
ServerOptions
ServerConsole
ServerStatisticsUsage
ServerStatisticsPlayers
ServerSettingsOptions
ServerSettingsGameplay
ServerSettingsLogging

Extras
Comcat is coded in C#, and uses the framework ModernUI for a beautiful interface and navigation system. Comcat does also feature a nice setting system, every time a setting is modified it automaticly saves it.

Feedback
I am always open for feedback, both positive and negative. It plays a huge role in improving the application, so if it's something that you want to change just say it and I will look in to it.

Download
There is currently no download available, please check back later.
Last edited by Phoqe on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.

TacTicToe

Re: Bed Companion 2 Server Control

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:10 pm

My Big Brother Bot works just fine.
]Image

RobbingHood

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are 2 similiar applications around that have comparable functionality: ProCon and BC2CC (Although the latter is not being developed anymore).

If you do it, you should probably host it on GitHub since there might be some developers here that would possibly want to join in.

EDIT: You could just as well fork BukkitGUI I guess.

AlexEe

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Yes, sure why not. If we can make a better tool than there currently is, we should definitely try it.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

Phoqe

Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:13 pm

I was aware of them after a little research, but I am certain that we can match or even double the functionality.
EDIT: Also I usually do things on my own, so I guess that makes me a lonewolf when it comes to programming. But sure if you want a team, you need to have a leader that knows how to organize and keep structure. And I am not in fond of leading a team, just saying.

himapapa

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:05 am

Great idea! As we have tested some tools before in the past, I would say it is very useful to have a frontend which can be used via webbrowser.

Phoqe

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:24 am

himapapa wrote:Great idea! As we have tested some tools before in the past, I would say it is very useful to have a frontend which can be used via webbrowser.

Yeah, I am planning on a web-view for the application as well, but not until the main application is done.
Regarding the extensions system or "plugin" system, there will be a seperate pane where you can one-click install extensions.

himapapa

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:35 am

Ok, you already have plugins in mind? Otherwise I would feel free to post a wishlist. :D

Phoqe

Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:39 am

himapapa wrote:Ok, you already have plugins in mind? Otherwise I would feel free to post a wishlist. :D

Yeah, but I would like to know what other other extensions there is besides B3 and B3 plugins.

himapapa

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Besides B3 and B3 plugins?

I know

- Procon with Plugins https://forum.myrcon.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Plugins
- BC2CC (no further support)
- rconNET (build in plugins; no further support)

Return to “General Discussion”