WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
utopiate
Re: [Tutorial] How to setup your own server

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:40 pm

hey all,

Requesting a bit of help. I've been trying to setup a server using the setup guide on the first post. I'm using R30 files but if I use the latest client hook (dinput8.dll) dated 26 ‎July ‎2013, ‏‎02:04:10 then the server won't start giving the error;

"The application was unable to start correctly (oxc0150002)."

Using an older version or even completely removing it from the directory allows the server to start but obviously cannot hook into the backend and thus does not show on the browser.

Has anyone experienced this? known issue?

I tried downloading R32 and R34 files but none of the ones I found were any good, often just erroring with various probs.

Server is installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (VPS - Xeon quad 2gb ram with 4.5gb pagefile - raid ssd)

Any help really appreciated

cheers utopiate

mizudg

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:56 pm

utopiate wrote:hey all,

Requesting a bit of help. I've been trying to setup a server using the setup guide on the first post. I'm using R30 files but if I use the latest client hook (dinput8.dll) dated 26 ‎July ‎2013, ‏‎02:04:10 then the server won't start giving the error;

"The application was unable to start correctly (oxc0150002)."

Using an older version or even completely removing it from the directory allows the server to start but obviously cannot hook into the backend and thus does not show on the browser.

Has anyone experienced this? known issue?

I tried downloading R32 and R34 files but none of the ones I found were any good, often just erroring with various probs.

Server is installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (VPS - Xeon quad 2gb ram with 4.5gb pagefile - raid ssd)

Any help really appreciated

cheers utopiate

R30 is so old.. just move on to R32 or R34

RobbingHood

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:04 pm

mizudg wrote:R30 is so old.. just move on to R32 or R34

Read...
Such errors usually mean that you have a problem with the Visual C++ Redistributables.
Reinstall them (also .NET Framework 4.5).

mizudg

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:07 pm

RobbingHood wrote:

Read...
Such errors usually mean that you have a problem with the Visual C++ Redistributables.

I am not saying it will fix it, I am just saying to move on to R32/34 anyway since 30 is old.

utopiate

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

RobbingHood wrote:

Read...

Yep makes sense, .net 4.5 will need a reboot so it'll have to wait as another populated server is running but I'll report back. Thanks RH

@mizudg as I said in my original post I've had trouble finding decent R32/34 files but if you can point me in the right direction via pm then alls good. However, please don't do this if it contravenes site policy ;)

hmm sry to report that neither vc++ or .net 4.5 resolved the issue. Would someone mind mailing/pm'ing me what they know to be working server files? cheers

utopiate

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:05 am

Ok so I got sent a link for the R34 files but adding the latest dinput8.dll and running my .bat just gives me the same error. I have installed the Visual C++ Redistributables and .net 4.5 and rebooted the box but still the same error.

RobbingHood

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:14 pm

utopiate wrote:Ok so I got sent a link for the R34 files but adding the latest dinput8.dll and running my .bat just gives me the same error. I have installed the Visual C++ Redistributables and .net 4.5 and rebooted the box but still the same error.

The error means that you're missing a .DLL afaik. Did you install VS C++ Redistributables 2005-2010?

esG

Re: [Discussion] How to setup your own server

Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Can someone please help me.
One of my LAN computers can run the server and the other wont, what is the problem and how can I fix it? Ports are open. When I run the startserver.bat on my second PC it says that master server is unreachable. Log says that plasma is discconected backend.

RobbingHood

Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Sounds like a firewall issue to me.

esG

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:42 pm

You were right, my software firewall Comodo blocked access even when it was off.
One more thing, How do I change my server to normal. Curently it shows silver head so its not completly hardcore.
I am using Procon.

Return to “General Discussion”